DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the focus on Air 2S through the Fly app automatic?

BobbyLashley

Reactions
For both photos and videos, when we have the drone where we want, can we just hit record/shutter and it will auto focus on it's own? Or do/should we tap where on the screen we want the focus to be first and then hit record/shutter in the Fly app?

For both photos and videos, when we have the drone where we want, can we just hit record/shutter and it will auto focus on it's own? Or do/should we tap where on the screen we want the focus to be first and then hit record/shutter in the Fly app?
Forward to 16:27 on linked video ;)

Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

A 2.8 fixed focus lens has an extremely large depth of field. it doesn't need to be focused and can't be changed.

Reactions: GaelStorm
A 2.8 fixed focus lens has an extremely large depth of field. it doesn't need to be focused and can't be changed.

You wouldn't think that you need to touch the display to focus but I notice a couple times where I did not do it and the video/pics was out of focus. Probably to make it a habit of it since you can't really make out on your phone or tablet display if it's focused or not.

Reactions: GaelStorm
You wouldn't think that you need to touch the display to focus but I notice a couple times where I did not do it and the video/pics was out of focus. Probably to make it a habit of it since you can't really make out on your phone or tablet display if it's focused or not.
Yes I agree. I took 5 min of footage of a nice foreground about 10 or 20 metres away only to realise once I got home it wasn’t in focus. Now I tap to focus in those situations even though it’s supposed to be ‘automatic’

From experience the Air 2S needs ‘tap to focus’ on close foreground objects even in automatic mode or else it will be out of focus. Coming from an Air 2 that was a learning curve.

And from what I notice, always tap in the center unless you are purposely wanting to get something specific off to the side, etc.

The Air 2 seemed different, never got out of focus content on it ever.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech