DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to stop this popup?

sduck

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I get this all the time, and even AdBlock Plus doesn't stop it. The site already has my email and sends me stuff daily, there should be a way to stop this thing?
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.40.17 AM.jpg

Reactions: Jam0ne
I get it also and just x it gone. Not sure it can be took off
and I use Adblock also.

Dunno what I'm doing wrong... Don't remember having seen that ever.
Maybe it's uBlock Origin?

I got that moments ago after reading a handful of messages from various topics and I am logged in as well.. So it would seem that the board software sends that out somewhat indiscriminately and it is somewhat annoying to have to dismiss it when it pops up... You'd think if the system knows were logged in, it would not send you a signup banner popup like that..

I get it too but I am fairly sure there is a pattern to what causes it, maybe having the mouse is a certain area of the page for a certain amount of time, but I am not certain of that.

Maybe @clackey can explain it for you guys 👍

It should only pop up once every 30 days if you close it properly with the X at the top right.

That is, assuming you have cookies allowed. Let me know if this is not the case with your computer and we can look into it.

Reactions: dirkclod
It should only pop up once every 30 days if you close it properly with the X at the top right.

That is, assuming you have cookies allowed. Let me know if this is not the case with your computer and we can look into it.
I've got cookies allowed, and have been trying it out by closing it by clicking that X in the top right corner. It still comes back about once a week - much faster than the 30 days.

Just x it out 🤷‍♂️It’s no big deal.
Or is it killing ya 😀

Just x it out 🤷‍♂️It’s no big deal.
Or is it killing ya 😀
Sure, it's not that big of a deal. However, as someone who spent years running websites, one comes to want and expect user feedback on site details, especially things that aren't quite working the way they're supposed to. Considering that this site has non-free options, of which I've bought into, I thought it would be appropriate to post this. If I'm wrong, I'll happily accept my slap on the wrist (and reconsider my subscription level the next time renewal comes around).

Reactions: Jam0ne
While perhaps it’s not that big of a deal, it is annoying, and it’s a flaw, as far as I’m concerned, if I’m registered and logged in, I should never see a pop up dialog asking for something the site already has…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus