DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there an anamorphic lens set for Mavic Air 2S yet?

I wonder if the filters / anamorphic lens are the same size as those used on the Mavic 2 Pro, the cameras look very similar and the filters are removed and attached with a small twist on both units.

Reactions: macoman
Anyone found if the mavic 2 pro anamorphic lens fits on this? Since the sensor is the same size and the moment anamorphic is dirt cheap I'm thinking about just going for it and see for myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahsposo
I wonder if the filters / anamorphic lens are the same size as those used on the Mavic 2 Pro, the cameras look very similar and the filters are removed and attached with a small twist on both units.
Although the sensors are the same size the camera body is not do anything that fits an M2P is not going to fit the AIr2s and vice-versa.

Anyone found if the mavic 2 pro anamorphic lens fits on this? Since the sensor is the same size and the moment anamorphic is dirt cheap I'm thinking about just going for it and see for myself.
The bodies of the cameras are different so no they won't interchange.

The A2S has a fairly decent camera.. I'd be a bit sceptical of a £80 anamorphic attachment on it though. But then again, SIRUI came out with their 1.3x 24,35,50 and 75 for DSLR lenses each one under a £1000! when at the time the cheapest (decent) ones were £3000 and upward! There's hope yet! Think it'll be more than £80 if its worth its salt though! And would be brilliant if it was a 2x squeeze !

Reactions: Jeanb
I wrote Freewell and asked about an anamorphic lens for the Air 2S. Their response kinda pissed me off. They said that it isn't worth their time and money to create a new anamorphic lens... As I said, it really pissed me off bc they are the only game in town and surely YES there would be at least enough of us interested in such a lens to pay for the R&D and then some. Meanwhile, we have nothing. Bummer, but that's where we are at.

I wrote and asked Freewell when they would be releasing an anamorphic filter for Air 2S and they replied they would not, because it was not cost-effective for them to do so. I loved their Air 2 anamorphic lens. So this is a real bummer. I feel they've let down the Air 2S community on this one...

I wrote Freewell and asked about an anamorphic lens for the Air 2S. Their response kinda pissed me off. They said that it isn't worth their time and money to create a new anamorphic lens... As I said, it really pissed me off bc they are the only game in town and surely YES there would be at least enough of us interested in such a lens to pay for the R&D and then some. Meanwhile, we have nothing. Bummer, but that's where we are at.
I was told by Freewell when asking about Dji Air2s, they said that the AIr2s is not meant to hold such lenses.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure