DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this a tough fix for Mavic air 2?

speedbird_1

Reactions
Debating selling this vs fixing.

Is this a simple fix? Camera works. It flies. But gimbal broken. Please see photos. I could either fix and sell or sell for parts.

But I’m going to sell regardless. How tough a fix is this?

Attachments

• IMG_4674.jpeg
    IMG_4674.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4669.jpeg
    IMG_4669.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4673.jpeg
    IMG_4673.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Cafguy
The camera and gimble will cost you 150-250 I can't find them apart. Whether its simple or not depends on you - you will need to download and use some third party software to calibrate it once its installed If you Don't want to fuss with it I would send it to DJI it won't cost much more than doing it yourself. and DJI will send you a new (refurb) Drone!

I think I would sell it "as is", "for parts", even if you replace the individual parts i.e. the gimbal frame and the multistrand cable, there's no guarantee that the gimbal will work correct.
Replacing the entire gimbal and camera assembly as a unit might work but with the problems that Cafguy notes.

In addition
1) if you were to then sell it on the likes of ebay as "working" then it MUST work as the manufacturer intended, any provisos that you put in the adverts text are useless.
2) whilst fixing the gimbal you may find other damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
Thank you. So now I am much more likely to sell given your thoughts. I'm debating sending to DJI but I'd rather offload magic air 2 completely and get a refurb mini 3 pro.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to just send to DJI....

The latter a selling point? I don’t follow
An unactivated drone has not been flown because it will not fly until it has been activated.
If it has not been flown it can not have been crashed .... unless someone dropped it which is quite unlikely.

I think I would sell it "as is", "for parts", even if you replace the individual parts i.e. the gimbal frame and the multistrand cable, there's no guarantee that the gimbal will work correct.
Replacing the entire gimbal and camera assembly as a unit might work but with the problems that Cafguy notes.

In addition 1)
if you were to then sell it on the likes of ebay as "working" then it MUST work as the manufacturer intended, any provisos that you put in the adverts text are useless.
2) whilst fixing the gimbal you may find other damage.
Didn’t realise you couldn’t include a proviso on EBay. Good that you can’t though as people might be tempted to “understate” the shortcomings!

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I'm tinkering on DJIs site now and looks like it won't allow me to get the DJI Care Refresh service.

Says is not supporting Mavic 2 air. So Im assuming then all. can do is request repair or just sell for parts.

I'm tinkering on DJIs site now and looks like it won't allow me to get the DJI Care Refresh service.

Says is not supporting Mavic 2 air. So Im assuming then all. can do is request repair or just sell for parts.

You usually can't add care refresh to an already damaged drone.

So looks like I’ll just throw it on fb marketplace.

Maybe I’ll buy a refurb mini pro3or 4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13