DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this tablet a good idea?

Motomike117

Reactions
So apparently I stepped on someone else's toes by throwing this into their thread about laptops. So my deepest apologies and condolences. I come from a Motocross and street bike background where we help the new people instead of start some kind of Internet territorial grudge over a thread. Anyway LOL. I have a mini SE and about to upgrade to an air 2S. FedEx lost my laptop and won't take responsibility, but it wouldn't have worked with editing like this anyway. I'm wondering if this laptop would be a good idea for when I turn my hobby into a business, considering if I can find an hour or two in to get my pubg or whatever in, I take it... I start my first digital media technology classes on Monday now that I've finished my core classes or at least most of them LOL. Oh and also, do I need a 4k monitor on my laptop to edit 4K video?

For those that can’t afford or do not want to spend big money on a Tripltek tablet

Android 6.0 minimum
64 bit hardware and OS
3 or 4 GB RAM.
With GPS
Compass

Confirmed, Works on:
MM2
MA2
MA2s

Above specs verified @ GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more...

Android Tablets
Lenovo Legion Y700
Huawei MediaPad M5
Samsung 8.7" Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB Tablet
Samsung Tab А8 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-X200; Galaxy Tab А8 10.5 LTE SM-X205
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4
Samsung S5E
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL

Android 6.0 minimum
64 bit hardware and OS
3 or 4 GB RAM.
With GPS
Compass
.. Suggested as minimum requirements (or useful) by March411

Would this indicate that Motomike117 does not need 3/4/5G when flying with a DJI drone?
My thoughts were that they (DJI), the remote controller or the mobile/tablet would need connection to the internet?

Now I am on my way to try a Samsung S6 Lite (with no SIM card) on a Mavic Mini 2 - when I find a solition for the cable and a remote control add on for carrying a tablet.

Motomike117: I hope to be able to share my experiences by flying with the Samsung device (maybe be able to do the editing here too?).

I have ordered the one below (€13.99) - mostly because of the strap. I hope it will do its job.
Annotation 2022-05-09 065026.jpg

USB C - USB C in a proper length might be a good idea too.

So now I wait for receiving this stuff (and a larger SD-Card for 4K video) - and weather for flying (rainy and/or windy until next Monday, 16. of May).
I will try and give an answer how the Samsung S6 Lite (with the MM2) plays together.
:)

My apologies, ya'll. I had a few before making this post and forgot to post the Laptop I was asking about for editing 4k video and images. So this thread ended up getting way off track, although I learned a few things, so it's all good. I'm looking for a laptop that is powerful enough to edit 4k video and images. I am in college for Digital Media Technology (actually taking my first digital photography class right now and learning about aperture, iso, shutter speed, etc.), so a desktop isn't an option as I need bring my PC to school with me 4 days a week. Not gonna lie, I also like my occasional Pubg, etc. when I get a second between school and work... I'm looking to spend around $2k-$2500. So basically, I'm asking for suggestions on the best laptops based on these parameters. Suggestions on proper editing software wouldn't hurt either. Thanks for any help.

So basically, I'm asking for suggestions on the best laptops based on these parameters. Suggestions on proper editing software wouldn't hurt either. Thanks for any help.
I cannot be at much help here. I am not familiar with US cost prices.
Yet I know DaVinci is a great tool - which requires CUDA cores (NVIDIA-graphics cards). I have this on a Windows laptop which runs this very well - with small video-projects (I have not tried anything big yet).
If you attend a Media School, I think Windows machines are a must - Maybe Mac could do too? Did they provide any recommendations?
I primarily use Linux with two monitors (4K + FHD), but this is no option for you. Price on Linux are often lower - and software are often free - and I find it very stable.
Good Luck - and Safe Flying! :)

PS. On Media school, when buying laptop, focus on Graphics, monitor (read reviews) and RAM. It is just an amateur recommendation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme