DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue installing DJI fly on Tablet.

mpearson99

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have a DJI air 2s and I am trying to install dji fly software from the dji download center to my Galaxy Tab A. After downloading the app I get app not installed message. Any suggestion.

I have a DJI air 2s and I am trying to install dji fly software from the dji download center to my Galaxy Tab A. After downloading the app I get app not installed message. Any suggestion.
Downloading the apk file does not install the program.
Once it's downloaded, you need to run the apk file to do the install.

You only get that message after trying to install the app. It either means your device is not compatible with the Fly app OR you have not enabled "allow unknown sources" in the tablet. I'm not sure if the Tab A is compatible but you can enable the unknown sources and try again.

Last edited:
I installed the DJI Fly app on a Tab A 7 Lite last fall without any difficulties. The device should not be the problem. I am not familiar with that error message - don't think I have ever seen it.

Are you sure you're opening MyFiles or another file explorer, going to the Downloads folder, and then clicking on the DJI ... .apk file? I don't mean to question your abilities by asking this, just want to confirm you're off to the right start.

Can you tell us exactly what you do when you get the error message? And the exact wording of the message?

Check if your tablet is 32-bit or 64-bit.
DJI Fly doesn't work with 32-bit CPUs.
My Samsung Tablet doesn't work with DJI Fly either, gives me the same message, so I believe it is the same problem in your case.

Downloading the apk file does not install the program.
Once it's downloaded, you need to run the apk file to do the install.
HI, I installed the
I'm far from an expert with this but here's what I did. Get the DJI Go Fly directly from the DJI site as recommended by DJI when using with Android. I did not install the DPK. I have a Galaxy Tab A 7 Lite downloaded and installed the GoFly app and have no issues. The A7 Lite operates at 64mhz and has 2g ram.

Check if your tablet is 32-bit or 64-bit.
DJI Fly doesn't work with 32-bit CPUs.
My Samsung Tablet doesn't work with DJI Fly either, gives me the same message, so I believe it is the same problem in your case.
I am using the Galaxy A7 Lite, and it loaded DJI Fly just fine, and I've been using it for over a week now. I have been unable to find any information of whether it is 32bit or 64bit. But Fly seems to be working fine, it gives me the maps I need, keeps track of my drone's movements, and delivers the video. I'm flying a DJI Mini 2. The GSMARENA list of specs never seems to have the BIT number. Whether it runs at 64mhz I don't believe has anything to do with the question of 64bit.

I am using the Galaxy A7 Lite, and it loaded DJI Fly just fine, and I've been using it for over a week now. I have been unable to find any information of whether it is 32bit or 64bit. But Fly seems to be working fine, it gives me the maps I need, keeps track of my drone's movements, and delivers the video. I'm flying a DJI Mini 2. The GSMARENA list of specs never seems to have the BIT number. Whether it runs at 64mhz I don't believe has anything to do with the question of 64bit.
It doesn't. The Galaxy A7 Lite is powered by the ARM Cortex-A53, a 64-bit octo-core processor (4 cores running at 2.3 GHz and 4 at 1.8 GHz)

It doesn't. The Galaxy A7 Lite is powered by the ARM Cortex-A53, a 64-bit octo-core processor (4 cores running at 2.3 GHz and 4 at 1.8 GHz)
Thank you ScottNH. That makes me feel good, and explains why the DJI Fly app installs on the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite. From the discussions so far, it seems like being 64bit is the most critical factor. I am guessing you have to look at the specs for the CPU to find that out.

Reactions: Rotorfreak
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura