DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue with transferring video files and the DJI Fly app...

tcawood

Reactions
When I try and download my video files into the DJI Fly app I get an error saying it can't download H.265 files... I set it at .265 as I was led to believe this created smaller files, so the error was somewhat of a surprise.
So I downloaded the files into my phones memory using a cable and card reader... fine they are now on my phone.
But when I try use the DJI Fly app to edit them it immediately crashes when I go to the folder with them in.
Other editing apps are fine... but I'd kinda wanted to use the DJI Fly one and see what it's like.

Any ideas/thoughts...

I thought the dji fly editing was for the onboard videos stored on the phone during the flight.

The actual sd card file is intended to be download to a pc for editing the higher definition videos.

It takes a lot of CPU and memory to do HD editing.

Good luck!

seems like not all devices can handle the H.265 files. My iPhone 11 Pro can handle them just fine but my iPad Pro 2018 is showing the error you mentioned above. I'm afraid if your device can't handle H.265, you'll have to download them to your PC/tablet and edit them there.

Thanks both, it's odd because I've downloaded them onto my phone (P30 Pro) use a card reader, and I can edit them in a different App on my phone... juts not the DJI App... c'est la vie.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG