DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with quickshots

abruzzopat

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots. I've had the A2S since release and am generally very happy with it. I don't actually use Quickshots very often... just when messing around with friends or family. But the A2S seems to have problems that I never had on the MA2.

Problems range from not completing the shot, losing subject, jerky course correction, etc. Anyone else seeing these issues? Here is a link to an example.

This is a basic Circle Quickshot... at the 10 sec mark you can see the drone (or gimbal) had to make a distracting adjustment. I think I'm getting less than 50% success on Quickshots in general.

Reactions: hiflyer201
While watching my A2s shot most of the quickshots, it seemed the drone wasn't doing as told, yet when reviewing the captures they were very smooth. Here's my test.

This is a basic Circle Quickshot... at the 10 sec mark you can see the drone (or gimbal) had to make a distracting adjustment.
strong wind perhaps? I thought it looked pretty good although if I were to use it in a video I liked the last half best

strong wind perhaps? I thought it looked pretty good although if I were to use it in a video I liked the last half best
Thanks for the reply. No, the wind was very light at the time. It's not horrible, but like I say, the abrupt adjustment at the 10s mark is distracting. This was the best of 3 attempts by the way... in the first two, the drone completed the circle, but the camera was pointing away from the subjects.

While watching my A2s shot most of the quickshots, it seemed the drone wasn't doing as told, yet when reviewing the captures they were very smooth. Here's my test.
Thanks for the reply. I notice your circle is quite a bit higher than I usually do... maybe lower flight requires more data points for the drone to process? Anyway, like I say, I never saw these issues on the MA2. In all other ways, I love the A2S.

The issue I'm having with quickshots is that the asteroid mode seems to drop frames to deliver a 25fps final. It's very jittery as it tracks backwards, and on a frame-by-frame analysis it seems to drop 5 frames every second, making it pretty ghastly to watch. No frame blending, just dropped frames, which I haven't seen on other models.
I'm wondering if this is just a problem in my (PAL) region, Norway, or if it afflicts the 2S in NTSC regions as well?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King