DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"It's not a PNG??"

photo2be

Reactions
Hi, I need your help! I always adjust my Mini2 DJI Fly only to JPG. I don't need RAW. Then I send the photo from the Mini2 to my MS mail, try to ope it but it says "It's not a PNG!". If I send the photo to my G-mail it will open but unable save and it again says: "It's not a PNG!". I have two Mini2's with latest DJI Flyh and two Ipnone 8+, same problem in both. Why does it says "It's not a PNG" when I selected JPG? I guess its my fault anthat you are able to help me...
If I put the SD card in the PC and fwd the photo to my MS mail it opens as JPG.. I'really need the fast way to send photos direct when taken..

Best from Sweden

Reactions: 808Hiphotog
Why does it says "It's not a PNG" when I selected JPG? I guess its my fault anthat you are able to help me...
Your software is expecting and looking for a .png file.
Look at your configuration settings for those programs to open a jpg file.
They should be able to.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Hi, I need your help! I always adjust my Mini2 DJI Fly only to JPG. I don't need RAW. Then I send the photo from the Mini2 to my MS mail, try to ope it but it says "It's not a PNG!". If I send the photo to my G-mail it will open but unable save and it again says: "It's not a PNG!". I have two Mini2's with latest DJI Flyh and two Ipnone 8+, same problem in both. Why does it says "It's not a PNG" when I selected JPG? I guess its my fault anthat you are able to help me...
If I put the SD card in the PC and fwd the photo to my MS mail it opens as JPG.. I'really need the fast way to send photos direct when taken..

Best from Sweden
Alternatively, you can purchase a microSD card reader for your phone, and mail the .jpg from the card that way.

To my knowledge, no DJI Drone is capable of using the png codec standards for recording. PNG is used for still images and is never used with video.

Best from Sweden
You probably will not be taking my advise but believe me, you will be much better off and have much greater images if you shoot in RAW and process the RAW file which will give up a much greater number of pixels with which to open shadows (of which there are many on drone photography and be able to edit your image to remove unwanted objects, tone doe over exposures, etc. I only shoot RAW with the M3 an with my DSLR. If you are shooting for social media only it doesn't really matter as much because the people you will be be sending it to are not photographers for the most part.

Dale
Miami

RAW is definitely the way to shoot stills, as Dale said, you have so much more information available to you when you edit the picture. You can always produce a jpeg from a RAW file but not vice versa.

You don't get any more pixels in a raw image than you do with jpg.
RAW files are bigger because they contain a much greater amount of image data. A JPEG image is essentially all that data compressed down into a smaller file size that's easier to share.Although they both have the same size in pixels (3840x5760) the RAW file uses 26.6MB space when on the memory card, while the JPEG uses only 5.12MB. This means that you can place almost 5 JPEGs in the area of one RAW file. You get MORE INFORMATION with which to work on your software. You can bring out details in shadows, almost always seen in landscape and sky exposures where the foreground is underexposed but an be brought out in larger files by using shadows tool like provided in Photoshop and other software.

RAW files are bigger because they contain a much greater amount of image data. A JPEG image is essentially all that data compressed down into a smaller file size that's easier to share.Although they both have the same size in pixels (3840x5760) the RAW file uses 26.6MB space when on the memory card, while the JPEG uses only 5.12MB. This means that you can place almost 5 JPEGs in the area of one RAW file. You get MORE INFORMATION with which to work on your software. You can bring out details in shadows, almost always seen in landscape and sky exposures where the foreground is underexposed but an be brought out in larger files by using shadows tool like provided in Photoshop and other software.
The problem is that you stated, "if you shoot in RAW and process the RAW file which will give up a much greater number of pixels" which is incorrect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman