DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky video Mini 2 when drone rotating - Yaw

AusTrekie

Reactions
My Mini 2 Regardless of Yaw settings and associated settings, cannot achieve a smooth video, unless filming without turning the Drone, only flying straight, achieves a good video. Tried various 4K settings, tried different filters, no luck. Is this normal for this Drone, or do I have a problem ? Would have expected a better result, weather has been good, with little or no wind.Any advice appreciated.

My Mini 2 Regardless of Yaw settings and associated settings, cannot achieve a smooth video, unless filming without turning the Drone, only flying straight, achieves a good video. Tried various 4K settings, tried different filters, no luck. Is this normal for this Drone, or do I have a problem ? Would have expected a better result, weather has been good, with little or no wind.Any advice appreciated.
Can you explain (or even better) post a sample showing what you mean by jerky.

Pans always look bad unless very slow. Have you tried setting the yaw rate to the lowest speed in cine mode?

Could it be a playback issue?

Thanks for your reply, have tried the slowest and various settings in Cinema and normal mode, by means of jerky the video appears as if gimble jolts slightly, when panning, thus producing what I call as a slightly but annoying jerky video, not that smooth, regardless of settings, have also reset gimble. I get the impression this jerky effect seems to occur regardless of settings, just more enhanced in slow mode settings. Will try and post a video if not too big,if required.

Thought about this resolution, will experiment ! Also wondered about the computer graphics. Have a new Lenovo i5 10th Gen and built in Intel graphics card, computer has 16gb Ram, have a good quality 27” Monitor. I would think the computer can handle the Drone video output. Is this a common issue with the Mini 2 ?

Try downloading the 4K footage from your drone to the phone/device you are using with DJI Fly app, if it plays smoothly on that then it points to the PC unable to cope.

Pans have to been done extremely slowly to be smooth, in settings change the yaw for Cinemode to about 5 or 10 which may help.

Ok, will download video to my iPhone, to see if video jerking still exists, my Yaw setting is currently at 5. When Drone is flying and when I Yaw turn, Drone image on iPhone from Drone can be seen slightly jerking , but more noticeable on the computer Monitor.

Upload 4k to youtube is the best solution.
Then you can watch it in lower resolution on your phone. If it stutter then, it is the drone.

I always do that when Im checking if its the codec or drone or my pc.

Panning is one of the worst case scenarios for 4K playback because very pixel is changing with every successive frame.

Your PC spec sounds suspiciously underpowered for 4K playback. Smooth 4K playback needs a relatively powerful CPU and graphics card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J