Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just crashed

Mavic Dude

Reactions
Well it's my turn
Just flew into a tree
All is ok except for the gimbal
All wires and such look fine but it points in the wrong direction. Tried to calibrate and it isn't working.
I am getting errors and is asking if the plastic holder is removed.

I've sent thunderdrones a message and am waiting for a reply.

Just wondering if anyone has any advise.

Thanks
Marcus

Reactions: Former Member
Well it's my turn
Just flew into a tree
All is ok except for the gimbal
All wires and such look fine but it points in the wrong direction. Tried to calibrate and it isn't working.
I am getting errors and is asking if the plastic holder is removed.

I've sent thunderdrones a message and am waiting for a reply.

Just wondering if anyone has any advise.

Thanks
Marcus

Don't fly into any more trees.

Now, now guys! Be nice. Flew my first drone into a tree, also (Dromida Vista) after only 10 minutes into its maiden voyage. I got too cocky...caught a thermal and west wind; panicked with the remote, and flew it into some tall pine trees. Was, fortunately, able to recover the drone unharmed. Lesson learned - start with baby steps, whether with an inexpensive or expensive drone. Don't depend solely on the the technology that comes with the higher-end drones. Just purchased a Mavic Pro, but believe me - I will still work on my flying skills with the Vista before employing the Mavic in flight. Also, be totally focused on your flying environment!!! (weather, obstructions, possible EM interferences, et al). Happy flying, gents!

Reactions: Mavic Dude
Thanks mavic19963 for the positive reply
My crash was a simple mistake that shouldn't of happened
I was hauling *** in sport mode and pulled off power to late..
I really hit some bushes and not a tree.
Honestly.... when something like this happens emotions are high and crappy.
( Mod Removed )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drone Master
9 Mod Removed
Agreed! I thought the idea of this forum was to share experiences and give valuable advise to those who fly UAV's. I apologize that that I did not address your previous post. Fly happy, my friend!

Man when someone just crashed there 1k drone and you come across with ( Mod Removed )

Last edited by a moderator:
Man when someone just crashed there 1k drone and you come across with dumb *** post you can stick it
Hey, UAV flying is fun! Let's not get into battles that get people ticked. Support each other in this amazing industry. I came to this forum expecting professionalism and information that will help me to become a better UAV pilot. Thank you, all!

I guess you better be more careful if $1K is going to make you this angry.

Hmm.

Sometimes it's best just to walk away gracefully.

...and 1k is 1k. Hell, in Australia these things will set you back 2k. That's no joke when you watch it crash and burn.

I laughed, myself. Seemed like the best response at the minute, at least to me, made me smile. And, mavic dude, you'll get it fixed and look back and I bet laugh, also. I hope you will, anyway.

Reactions: james_mav
Mod Removed

Wanna see something REALLY cool? When you get your bird back in the air, go full-throttle in sports mode, aimed right over your head. When it's 20' or so in front of you going as fast as it can, hit the PAUSE button on the RC. It stands nearly vertical, and will stop before it gets to you. It is an awe-inspiring thing to see. Of course, does nothing to help you now - and in all likelihood, if it was to happen again, the odds of you finding the pause button in that split-second panic mode is probably nill, too. Pretty neat to see reverse-thrust. It stops WAY faster than applying opposite controls manually.

Reactions: JamieK
Wanna see something REALLY cool? When you get your bird back in the air, go full-throttle in sports mode, aimed right over your head. When it's 20' or so in front of you going as fast as it can, hit the PAUSE button on the RC. It stands nearly vertical, and will stop before it gets to you. It is an awe-inspiring thing to see. Of course, does nothing to help you now - and in all likelihood, if it was to happen again, the odds of you finding the pause button in that split-second panic mode is probably nill, too. Pretty neat to see reverse-thrust. It stops WAY faster than applying opposite controls manually.

That would be really cool to see the battery pop out, props come flying off, and gimbal either overload or come flying off forward entirely. Traxxas Aton is more for stuff like that, and who cares if it crashes, its only $400.

That would be really cool to see the battery pop out, props come flying off, and gimbal either overload or come flying off forward entirely. Traxxas Aton is more for stuff like that, and who cares if it crashes, its only $400.

I can assure you, the MP was designed for exactly this kind of sudden braking. I've done it dozens of times showing off to spectators. If it the hardware was unable to tolerate the force, then I'm sure DJI would not have allowed it to operate at full speed. It is not a bad thing to develop muscle memory to know where the button is. Better to 'risk' all the consequences you describe, than slamming into an immovable object.

Agreed about the first response....I took it as funny, not snide. The replies by the op were the opposite.

Reactions: james_mav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB