DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got MA2 Norfolk/Suffolk

D33j

Reactions
Hi all,
I have been flying a few years now, started with cheap uncontrollable 'toys' moved to phantoms but found they were not that easy to 'just fly' My last one was highly modified and was great but too big and too much messing about to get in the air.
The MA2 is 'almost' perfect. small, good camera, good range, long flight time. The only thing I didn't realise before I got it was that is doesn't support flight plans/waypoints. its bit disappointing but the ability to fly easily and its compact size almost make up for that. and it's so quiet!
I am stuck between a few FRZ's on the Norfolk/Suffolk border so have to travel to get a decent flight in. lots of places to fly if I pick the right time of day (not too many other people!) although always looking for something new. Hope to pick up a few tricks and tips along the way and if I can will chip in with my own wisdom!

Reactions: dawgpilot
welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi all,
I have been flying a few years now, started with cheap uncontrollable 'toys' moved to phantoms but found they were not that easy to 'just fly' My last one was highly modified and was great but too big and too much messing about to get in the air.
The MA2 is 'almost' perfect. small, good camera, good range, long flight time. The only thing I didn't realise before I got it was that is doesn't support flight plans/waypoints. its bit disappointing but the ability to fly easily and its compact size almost make up for that. and it's so quiet!
I am stuck between a few FRZ's on the Norfolk/Suffolk border so have to travel to get a decent flight in. lots of places to fly if I pick the right time of day (not too many other people!) although always looking for something new. Hope to pick up a few tricks and tips along the way and if I can will chip in with my own wisdom!
Welcome to the Forum From Chicago the Windy City. As you know this is a international forum, and some body from your neck of the woods will help you out. You can look at Mavic Help and Mavic tips, also use the search feature in the upper right corner by History to find out answers to more topics. Been flying for 3 years now still learning new things. Happy Hovering.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi all,

Welcome!

Regarding waypoints, hopefully once DJI releases the SDK for the Mavic Air 2, the 3rd party app Litchi can be updated to add that feature to the MA2. (like it already does with the original Mavic Air)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom