DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keep having to calibrate the compass

abridge

Reactions
I am in Utah wanting to take some pics of the mountains, and five different occasions now it is making me calibrate the air imu. I've never had to do this more than once when traveling with my mavic pro to different states. Is this a software update issue? It's becoming annoying.

i have found that i have had to do this 3 times in the last week.(compass calibration, not IMU) Hopefully its something that will be fixed

Had the same issue.. flew all over Hawai‘i and literally every time I fired it up it would tell me to calibrate compass. My Mavic Pro i would do once I got there and it never asked again

Reactions: abridge
As asked in other posts on this subject, do you wear an Apple watch with the magnetic bracelet, or something similar? The internal compass is VERY sensitive to external magnets

Not me. And never any problems with my plethora of other drones.
To be honest, I am not super concerned as it’s not a big deal to do quick calibration, but it is a bit of an oddity

Not me. And never any problems with my plethora of other drones.
To be honest, I am not super concerned as it’s not a big deal to do quick calibration, but it is a bit of an oddity

it was a concern to me when it kept failing the process and i had to do it five times just to successfully accomplish it once.

Last time I flew in the same same area I had to calibrate. It did seem odd as I've never had an issue so close to the last flight. However, it takes about 10 seconds so, for me, it's not an issue.

It does seem to be really sensitive. It seems to often just decide to make you recalibrate. It is also very sensitive to local magnetic flux. I have a wristlet I wear on my right wrist that has a magnetic catch. If I try to calibrate with right hand it will fail. If I use left hand it will succeed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rickrock