DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

kmz from Pilot2

edesmao

Reactions
I have been supplied with a kmz file that was created with Pilot 2. I am able to load the file onto a RC Pro controller and import it into a waypoint flight. I can see all the waypoints on the controller, but when I hit the green Go button, the Fly app crashes. I have also tried this on a standard RC controller and have the same results. I can open the kmz in FlightHub2 and see that it's an Area Route for an M3E (I have a Mavic 3 Pro).

Am I attempting to do something that is not possible? Is this kmz file created in Pilot2 for an M3E not compatible to fly on DJI Fly with a Mavic 3 Pro?

Is this kmz file created in Pilot2 for an M3E not compatible to fly on DJI Fly with a Mavic 3 Pro?
The KMZ file from an enterprise drone is similar (but different) from that of a consumer drone. One can do what you want, but there are no automated tools available to convert them.

If you are adept at unzipping and zipping files (the KMZ file is just a zip archive) and editing XML code, then you can do it yourself. Here are the steps:

1. Unzip the KMZ file. This will reveal two files: wpmz/template.kml and wpmz/waylines.wpml.
  2. Edit the template.kml file using a plain text editor such as notepad++.
    1. Remove/delete the entire XML "Folder" section.
    2. Remove the "payloadInfo" section from the "missionConfig" section.
    3. Change the "droneEnumValue" to 68.
    4. Change the "droneSubEnumValue" to 0. (It may already be 0)
    5. Save the template.kml file.
  3. Edit the waylines.wpml file.
    1. Change the "droneEnumValue" to 68.
    2. Change the "droneSubEnumValue to 0. (It may already be 0)
  4. Zip the two files "wpmz/template.kml" and "wpmz/waylines.wpml" back into a KMZ file.
Import the resulting KMZ file into your RC Pro and it should work. If you are having trouble with this, contact me through my web site and I'll have a look at converting your KMZ file.

Reactions: edesmao
The KMZ file from an enterprise drone is similar (but different) from that of a consumer drone. One can do what you want, but there are no automated tools available to convert them.

If you are adept at unzipping and zipping files (the KMZ file is just a zip archive) and editing XML code, then you can do it yourself. Here are the steps:

1. Unzip the KMZ file. This will reveal two files: wpmz/template.kml and wpmz/waylines.wpml.
  2. Edit the template.kml file using a plain text editor such as notepad++.
    1. Remove/delete the entire XML "Folder" section.
    2. Remove the "payloadInfo" section from the "missionConfig" section.
    3. Change the "droneEnumValue" to 68.
    4. Change the "droneSubEnumValue" to 0. (It may already be 0)
    5. Save the template.kml file.
  3. Edit the waylines.wpml file.
    1. Change the "droneEnumValue" to 68.
    2. Change the "droneSubEnumValue to 0. (It may already be 0)
  4. Zip the two files "wpmz/template.kml" and "wpmz/waylines.wpml" back into a KMZ file.
Import the resulting KMZ file into your RC Pro and it should work. If you are having trouble with this, contact me through my web site and I'll have a look at converting your KMZ file.
Thank you so much for this! I believe it's getting me in the right direction. I noticed there is a payloadInfo section in the waylines.wpml file, so I tried implementing your solution with and without that section, but the Fly app is still crashing. I sent you a message on your website to see if we can correspond and troubleshoot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazSH