DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kudos to Bath for clear drone info!

Greekislandlover

Reactions
Saturday my wife is going to a school reunion in Bath, so what better way for me to spend the day than cycling the two tunnels route, and doing some drone photography.

So I check Altitude Angel for restrictions in the spots I want to fly, and that's OK. Then have a look at the Bath city website for any drone regulations they have and surprise surprise!!!!!

I was planning to fly over water mainly, and a couple of open fields for viaduct views. But it's nice to see that they have a sensible and clear policy that has researched the law.

Well done Bath - just hope the weather is at least not raining!

thats really great information ,from them ,its a pity that other places dont take a leaf out of their book ,and realise that there are new rules now ,i am lucky where i live as the council seem to take a similar stance, and i fly in most of the local parks without issues all that i need to do is follow the open rules that apply to my drones, and then i can fly without fear of breaking those rules

I looked up my local council to find out what the policy is this week, and they actually have a similar (but not as detailed) page.

They say that the CAA rules apply, but they have a byelaw about not flying over nature reserves (quite right too) and the airport has no fly zone - contact them to obtain permission to fly, helpfully giving the number!

So all in all, sensible and clear approaches from both Bath and my local council. It's good to know that if anyone has a moan I can direct them to the page to see for themselves.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60