DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC in the UK Help

jonthecourier

Reactions
Sorry if I'm going over old stuff but I have looked at a fair few submissions about this and most seem to cover the FAA and not CAA, I live in South West Cornwall UK and I'm now about to fly a dji Mavic 3 Classic and fall into a AIAA at Culdrose Air Base at Helston some 3 miles as the crow flies and I think I need LAANC Authorisation to fly near my home at Redruth. I have looked for an App but most seem again to cover the US, can I acquire the LAANC through the dji controller the one with the screen, N1 I think. Thank you.

I think LAANC is exclusive for the FAA / U.S. airspace and not available elsewhere.

I'm not sure if the UK has a similar program. 🤔

@jonthecourier the best thing for you to do would be to contact the ATC at the airport and see what the position would be with regards to where you want to fly ,have all the info ready such as location time of flight etc and if they are happy they will tell you if the flight is allowed ,there is no LAANC in the UK at three miles you would most likely be in airspace under their control

Reactions: twickers14
OMM is correct and the good news is that a few U.K. Members have posted here on this subject and all said it’s a doddle to call ATC at your local airport and they are very happy to talk to you re permissions etc. If you do have the Airmap app have a look at it.

Good afternoon. Thank you all for your assistance, I have downloaded Airmap to my phone and we when weather permits we will see what dji makes of my area and yes I have acquired the phone number for the ATC at Culdrose. Thanks once again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78