DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lagging transmission!!

sammackay23

Reactions
Hi all, first post with the mavic mini. Previously owned P4A, P4P AND MP1. So I'm not new to the game.

Flying tonight with my Mini and the transmission is unusable, unwatchable if you like. Impossible to take video as I couldnt see what I was viewing half the time. Jumping, lagging, pixelating.

Anybody else having this issue? I'm running the latest firmware, DJI FLY is up to date, batteries are up to date. I'm using a samsung Note 10+ with it. Surely cant be that?

Noticed once I got home that my phone wifi was off. Would that make a difference?

Thanks.

Maybe turn off the caching to the device as this takes a lot of additional cpu processing

It's probably more advisable to turn off wi-fi and bluetooth

Maybe your transmission settings are set on Manual(bug in this firmware). Every time I turn on my Mini I need to set to automatic manually. Sometimes if I forgot, Mini stays connected to high interference channel and same thing happens.

Reactions: KB4MTO and Capt KO
SD video good? If so, it’s your device or usb cable. To much running on the device or an ineffective cable.

Reactions: CroatianMavic
Oddly enough, I've just returned from my second flight since updating fly to 1.1.4 and I had this exact issue. It started out minor then quickly escalated. The lagging and freezing got worse until the video feed was lost all together while flying low and close. Controls weren't affected at all, so I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable which had no effect. In the end i rebooted the phone and everything returned to normal with no further issues. This was using Samsung Galaxy S9. I'm not knowledgeable enough to give a definitive cause but in my case at least, I narrowed it down to being a device issue, but not one I've ever experienced until the latest fly app update.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lately, I have been having problems with video disappearing, just a black screen. Usually, if I hover and wait it will come back. I notice it is happening when the phone is really hot. I am using the iPhone 11 Pro and the ambient temperature while flying this week is around 95 - 98F.

I went back and looked at the video downloaded from the drone and there is no loss of video. I'm assuming it's the phone overheating.

--Hank

Lately, I have been having problems with video disappearing, just a black screen. Usually, if I hover and wait it will come back. I notice it is happening when the phone is really hot. I am using the iPhone 11 Pro and the ambient temperature while flying this week is around 95 - 98F.

I went back and looked at the video downloaded from the drone and there is no loss of video. I'm assuming it's the phone overheating.

--Hank
Using a shield on the phone? Easier viewing and keeps the device a little cooler too.

Hi guys, I took on board what you all said, video caching was on so I turned it of along with bluetooth and wifi. Calibrated both compass and IMU and went for a quick flight. Perfectly smooth transmission on that flight. Didnt go far but far enough that I knew something I had done had made a difference.

With regards to usb cables, it's just the little short one that came with the Mini.

In short I think I now have a flyable mini after a couple tweaks. Hopefully this helps the guys also having issues.

Using a shield on the phone? Easier viewing and keeps the device a little cooler too.

Nope, I didn't know they existed for the MM. Thanks for the reply, I'm looking at them now on eBay. In the intense Florida sunlight, it will definitely help with cooling as well as seeing the screen.

Had another flight today and still some persistent lagging, wouldn't say as bad but still pretty annoying. What USB are you guys using, that my next test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S