DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Lake of the Woods in northern Minnesota

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I did a little promotional video for the "Lake of the Woods" resorts along the United States and Canada border. Lake of the Woods is 85 miles long and 56 miles wide at its widest point and has an area of 1,727 miles. Also Lake of the Woods at its deepest point at Whitefish Bay is almost 310-ft.

I did a little promotional video for the "Lake of the Woods" resorts along the United States and Canada border. Lake of the Woods is 85 miles long and 56 miles wide at its widest point and has an area of 1,727 miles. Also Lake of the Woods at its deepest point at Whitefish Bay is almost 310-ft.

That film is a great piece of Americana! My dad took me to Ely near the boundary waters every summer of my childhood to a resort for northern pike and walleyed fish. Bought back memories. Nicely done circle of the fish.

Dale

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
That film is a great piece of Americana! My dad took me to Ely near the boundary waters every summer of my childhood to a resort for northern pike and walleyed fish. Bought back memories. Nicely done circle of the fish.

Dale
Thank you Dale....we had 5 days over the 4th of July to spend up on the border. It's a nice area and we had a very relaxing time.

I take it all those small shacks sitting next to each other are fishing shanties waiting for winter. I imagine it's as popular up there in winter as in summer, or close.

I drive passed that Walleye about two out of every three years. I've stayed at Slim's, Ballard's and Wheeler's Point. But the one you didn't mention that I love the most is Cyrus Resort. They're all great though. I also shop in the grocery store right behind the Walleye statue every year. I love the area! Good video!

I take it all those small shacks sitting next to each other are fishing shanties waiting for winter. I imagine it's as popular up there in winter as in summer, or close.
Yes, Ice fishing the lakes in sleeper shacks is about just as popular as open water fishing is. It's a way of life there.

You're correct...Ice houses for winter fishing up there. Resorts take care of almost every necessities for you to make it as comfortable as possible.

I drive passed that Walleye about two out of every three years. I've stayed at Slim's, Ballard's and Wheeler's Point. But the one you didn't mention that I love the most is Cyrus Resort. They're all great though. I also shop in the grocery store right behind the Walleye statue every year. I love the area! Good video!
Thank you for liking our video and it is, it's a nice place to vacation and relax. Thank you for the advice on resorts also and next time we'll check out Cyrus Resort !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan