DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Lake project video

It's a nice video which could have been improved by opening up the under-exposed trees at the begining (using the shadow slider), and buy submitting in a higher resolution than 1080p.

It's a nice video which could have been improved by opening up the under-exposed trees at the begining (using the shadow slider), and buy submitting in a higher resolution than 1080p.
I did this in 1080p60 to make it easy for everyone I was trying to reach out to, to see it with no issue of bandwidth on whatever device they have to watch. This video was about reaching out to the public in our city, to show work being done on a park that had gone down hill during the last 20 years.

Reactions: Barbara
I did this in 1080p60 to make it easy for everyone I was trying to reach out to, to see it with no issue of bandwidth on whatever device they have to watch. This video was about reaching out to the public in our city, to show work being done on a park that had gone down hill during the last 20 years.
I'm sure you know this but I'll mention it anyway. If you submit a high Rez (2160p) to You Tube, they will compress it as needed for the viewer, to 1080p or 720p60. When I view this in 1080p everything looked muddy- no definition in the trees, just a clump of green, etc. See the attachment. The viewer can click on the red 4K button and select his own Rez for viewing.

I hope am not being an elitist but when I see a video at 1080p I usually skip to the next video.

Dale
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 2.39.22 PM.png

Not at all Dale, The original file was shot in 4k 30fps I edited it at 4k 60fps and render it for youtube at 1080p60. I learn this from watch F1 clips, if you see their clips on youtube, your jaw just drops from the amount of detail. I poked around and found that they use 4k footage edit in 4k, but just render in 1080p50 to make it easy for fans across the globe to be able to see a very clean clip at lower bandwidth.

Reactions: mereflyer
I'm sure you know this but I'll mention it anyway. If you submit a high Rez (2160p) to You Tube, they will compress it as needed for the viewer, to 1080p or 720p60. When I view this in 1080p everything looked muddy- no definition in the trees, just a clump of green, etc. See the attachment. The viewer can click on the red 4K button and select his own Rez for viewing.

I hope am not being an elitist but when I see a video at 1080p I usually skip to the next video.

Dale
View attachment 139454
Well, I will demonstrate my ignorance here- what if you submit to You Tube in hi Rez (4K). Will any viewer with a stinko computer or old iPhone be able to see it?

Well, I will demonstrate my ignorance here- what if you submit to You Tube in hi Rez (4K). Will any viewer with a stinko computer or old iPhone be able to see it?
You may get some lagging or studdering if you force the clip to play at 4k. Youtube allows you to change your playback rate or will do it for you to match your systems/bandwidth can handle. By shooting at higher rez , editing at high rez and high fps I am forcing every bit of information into the clip making the colors pop more, making the footage smoother, so no matter what rate your system playback at you should see a video that looks very deep color wise and buttery smooth. The fade from black in the beginning was for cinematic effect as with the fade out to black at the end.

As always Dale, I appreciate your comments

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroundHog101