DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Laptop for 4k

Bruce Lythe

Reactions
I am proposing to have this built for Davinci and 4k work for my Mavic Air. Any problems, advice?. I will add 16G memory when the firmware is updated on the motherboard. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190717_222247.jpg
    Screenshot_20190717_222247.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 42
That should just about do it. May need some external storage for finished video. 4K chews it up pretty quick.

Thanks guys. Any further inputs greatly appreciated. This is a black art to me - but my vintage Acer Aspire 5750 laptop won't even PLAY 4k using VLC Media Player - i5 2410M, intel HD 3000, 6G RAM. This has made editing with Video Pad a laborious and miserable exercise...

That should just about do it. May need some external storage for finished video. 4K chews it up pretty quick.
I'd get a larger internal drive/drives if you can afford it. It's incredible how much space this footage takes up. It's easy to get 500 gigs tied up in one project working in davinci at 4k. I don't now what's in that cache file but its huge.
Otherwise looks good and makes me jealous. Would love to know what that prices out at.

One option I'd consider is replacing the hard drive with the biggest SSD you can afford, too. Keep in mind many of these systems are user-upgradable even if the manufacturer doesn't offer it, although be sure to research it as much as possible to know exactly what you need. I have a dual SSD system and it's awesome. I also use an external USB 3 SSD (using the one I replaced from the laptop) and USB 3 hard drive for backups. If you go for capacity instead of performance, try to get a 7200 rpm drive if possible - that will help get the most out of a hard drive.

Reactions: hactick
Hi,
I use 1X 1TB as my C: Program and system Drive
1 X 10TB D: Data Drive
2 x 300GB 10000rpm Raptor drives for editing
3 x 3TB drives for data
and a dual external USB3 HDD connector for Slave/Offline storage connection to several drives.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukegotit