DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Last Full Moon of 2023 Rises Over Old Hickory Lake Beneath a Spectacular Sunset

rickmurray1989

Reactions
While out imaging the full "Cold" Moon last night, I captured this panorama of the moon rising over Old Hickory Lake. In this view, far left is Nashville, center is Hendersonville, center right is Gallatin and far right is Mt. Juliet. This is one of my favorite all time night images. Just 17 days after the tornado hit my city, I needed to see a colorful tranquil sky like this one.PANO_0001-Pano-Edit-2.jpg

Wow! I think it is by far the best yet!

Truly an awesome shot.

Sorry to hear about the Tornado that hit your city recently :(

Reactions: rickmurray1989
While out imaging the full "Cold" Moon last night, I captured this panorama of the moon rising over Old Hickory Lake. In this view, far left is Nashville, center is Hendersonville, center right is Gallatin and far right is Mt. Juliet. This is one of my favorite all time night images. Just 17 days after the tornado hit my city, I needed to see a colorful tranquil sky like this one.View attachment 171411
Spectacular! What was your camera, its settings, and lens for this shot?

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Spectacular! What was your camera, its settings, and lens for this shot?
I used the Air 3, wide angle 24mm camera, f/1.7, 1/80 second shutter speed and ISO 200. I captured the panorama images in RAW (DNG) format, stitched them in Lightroom and then post processed in Lightroom and Topaz Denoise to reduce shadow and sky noise when I raised the highlights levels.

While out imaging the full "Cold" Moon last night, I captured this panorama of the moon rising over Old Hickory Lake. In this view, far left is Nashville, center is Hendersonville, center right is Gallatin and far right is Mt. Juliet. This is one of my favorite all time night images. Just 17 days after the tornado hit my city, I needed to see a colorful tranquil sky like this one.View attachment 171411
Wonderful capture.

Ah! Stitching! Post processing is the next thing I’ll tackle after my Part 107 test next week. I expect that to be a steeper curve.

Thanks for the information.
I used the Air 3, wide angle 24mm camera, f/1.7, 1/80 second shutter speed and ISO 200. I captured the panorama images in RAW (DNG) format, stitched them in Lightroom and then post processed in Lightroom and Topaz Denoise to reduce shadow and sky noise when I raised the highlights levels.
,!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas