DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest DJI Fly version not showing up on RC Controller

PhotoDB

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Just received my RC Controller and can't for the life of me figure out how to update DJI Fly to version 1.6.12 which just came out. I was able to update the Mavic 3 to its newest version using the RC Controller, but not the DJI Fly app itself.
I saw a comment somewhere that it would just pop up on screen when available, but does that mean there's no way to upload it from the apk available on DJI's site? Do I just wait?
Any help would be appreciated.

Just received my RC Controller and can't for the life of me figure out how to update DJI Fly to version 1.6.12 which just came out. I was able to update the Mavic 3 to its newest version using the RC Controller, but not the DJI Fly app itself.
I saw a comment somewhere that it would just pop up on screen when available, but does that mean there's no way to upload it from the apk available on DJI's site? Do I just wait?
Any help would be appreciated.
You should be prompted for updates for the RC., however you may need to verify whether the RC is connected to your WIFI and the internet for that to happen.

Mine is not doing so either. Nothing to do but wait. If there are some folks with the Mini 3 that have seen and applied the update, please chime in....otherwise my assumption is that it has not been pushed out yet.

Mine is not doing so either. Nothing to do but wait. If there are some folks with the Mini 3 that have seen and applied the update, please chime in....otherwise my assumption is that it has not been pushed out yet.
I shoot some panos yesterday and the as usual the sky was fudged with in app stitching. Then last night after seeing the threads on the new update, I connected my DJI RC to my home wifi, opened the Fly app and went to the "three dots" then "About", clicked on Firmware and got prompted about the update. Did the update, rebooted M3Pro then turned off the AC and then did the same with my other two batteries for their update.

I then did a quick pano just to test the zenith. I exposed for the great clouds and the new update did a good job on the stitching. One more M3Pro "Feature/Fix" that was needed checked off my want list.

Here's a very low res test pano showing the new DJI auto zenith shooting/stitching. Much needed upgrade and worked well!

Zenith SkyTEST_800x.jpg

Reactions: MS Coast
because DJI RC controller comes with the Fly App already installed ,then any App updates come directly from DJI when they decide that they are necessary,you will get a prompt on the screen when you first turn on the RC, if an App update is required ,dont forget that each time the drone is armed and takes off, the WI FI link to the internet is disabled ,so before you go out to fly, just use the pull down screen to turn on the WI FI mode ,so it can link with your internet ,then you can see if there are any App or Firmware updates available,

Uuugh. Sitting patiently after seeing the RC with this article on the 16th is not my strong suit. It's not nice to tease a pilot. Thanks for the feedback and I'll just grit my teeth every time it crashes (daily) until the fix arrives. :(
DJI RC on dronedj.jpg

Aha, so I just need to wait then, I'm assuming? Hope it's soon, since the controller keeps crashing with my Mavic 3. Five times yesterday in a 25-minute flight.
Thanks.

Aha, so I just need to wait then, I'm assuming? Hope it's soon, since the controller keeps crashing with my Mavic 3. Five times yesterday in a 25-minute flight.
Thanks.
That seems really odd, have had no issues with the DJI RC with my mini 3, and I don’t think it’s been updated yet either as I’ve only had it a couple weeks before the last update and I have not installed it yet as I’m traveling

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato