DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Lavrio, a wonderful excursion!

Tasos GR

Reactions
(Voice Over)
An excursion to the laurel will never disappoint you! All roads lead here. The route is a nice walk, regardless of the starting point ... in about 45 minutes you arrived.

Lavrio with its long history, is known since classical antiquity for the mining of silver and the Athenian tetradrachm.

In Lavrio there are many options.
Before going to one of the cafes in the city, take a walk in the palm forest.
The palm garden on the outskirts of the city was created in the late 19th century.
This forest of about 400 palm trees functioned as a biological treatment plant of Kyprianou, ie the settlement of miners from the end of the 19th century.

With a name borrowed from the popular muse, the neoclassical building "Efterpi" was the most important entertainment center of the inhabitants since 1893.
The preserved neoclassical building was built by the French Society of Lavrio to house its eponymous philharmonic orchestra. Its total area is 340 sq.m. and consists of two rooms: the entrance hall with the foyer and a large hall that housed the main theater with the stage.

At the northeastern border of the city,
is the Technological Cultural Park of Lavrio.
It is essentially the facility of the former French Mineral Company founded by the Italian Gianbatista Serpieri in 1864.
Just being in a 19th century industrial facility is a good incentive.

Here ores ended up from a depth of 165 meters, through galleries of about 5 kilometers.
Among other things, the engine room of the well with its entire mechanism is preserved.
The service machine shop of the complex.
Villa Serpieri and the house of the director of the unit.

The Technology Park is not just a museum space.
About 15 high-tech companies are based here.
In other words, we are talking about a Greek mini silicon valley.

The port in the meantime has not left, it is waiting for you.
It has a nice terrace to walk and choose where to drink coffee.

The first building of the newer Lavrio was built in 1864 in the port, to house the offices and the house of the Director of the company "Serpieri
Since 1987, this building houses the City Hall.

The ships from here, come and go
Most of them, now that the weather has warmed up for good, come to Lavrio to leave.
To board the ships for the nearby Cycladic Islands, Tzia and Kythnos.
However, anyone who sees Lavrio as such, as a simple passage, does it injustice, because it has a lot to offer.
He only wants an open mind.

Now I think this is the right time for an ouzo and fish.
Or whatever seafood your appetite craves.

But do not rush to pay the bill to take the road back, it will be a pity, stay a little longer.
Lavrio has more to give, the sun is still high.
Lavrio and the wider area of Lavreotiki are inexhaustible.
You can combine the escape with a swim, since summer is now here!

Reactions: MavRik
Hello Tasos,
I watched your video with interest, even though I didn't understand a word, ?? I liked it very much. But I read your text so that I could understand to some extent what you said in the commentary. Very well done and the area is just beautiful, you live in paradise ?
cheers and have a nice weekend,
Paul

• Love
Reactions: Tasos GR
Hello Tasos,
I watched your video with interest, even though I didn't understand a word, ?? I liked it very much. But I read your text so that I could understand to some extent what you said in the commentary. Very well done and the area is just beautiful, you live in paradise ?
cheers and have a nice weekend,
Paul
Thank you very much my friend Paul for your kind words. I'm glad you read the description and understood what I was saying. It was my first attempt at a voiceover video. Your grace please.. I will be even better

Thank you very much my friend Paul for your kind words. I'm glad you read the description and understood what I was saying. It was my first attempt at a voiceover video. Your grace please.. I will be even better
You´r welcome my friend! I think that you have a good voice...And now you should make a second voiceover in english ?
Give it a try ? Σας εύχομαι ένα όμορφο Σαββατοκύριακο ?
cheers Paul