DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lenovo M8 FHD -- a tablet that works with the FLY app

LifesShort

Reactions
I just bought a Lenovo M8 FHD and it works great. The Fly app downloads from the Play Store and installs and runs without any problem. So far, the screen on this tablet appears to be really nice. It is very bright, but I haven't used it in direct sun, yet. It's definitely much brighter than my iPhone 8. I hope to get to test it in direct sun this weekend. The tablet is very responsive. It has 3GB RAM and Android 9.

It may not do that well in the sun as it only has 350nits of brightness unfortunately you'll need a hood

I also just bought a Lenovo M8 FHD and as LifesShort said it works fine. A matter a fact it seems like a pretty decent little basic use tablet. They are currently selling it for $120

Reactions: LifesShort
New Mini 2 flyer here. Lenovo is one of the tablet options I have been looking at in my research and I stumbled onto this one in this discussion. Apple products are out of my budget at this time and I really want to get in the air.

To those who use this tablet with the Fly app, is this one I should keep on my list? I did also see the Tab M10 Plus on the list of Most Liked Tablets and Phones on Phantom Help and have that one on my radar as well.

Reactions: Bruchpilot
Well I got my mini I did a pretty good search trying to find a cost-effective option for a tablet. I came on to the Lenovo M8 FHD tablet and have been very happy with it. It is a rally pretty good all around tablet, has been very stable and works fine with the fly app. Without a case it will actually fit pretty securely in the holder built into the remote controller. I had bought an add-on tablet holder but have never felt the need to use it. And the prices is right I got it at the time for $120, I think it sells for about $140 now. Hard to find anything else that works in at that price point.

I am not sure it still is active but there is a coupon code at 20% Coupon Lenovo Tab M8 FHD 8" 32GB Android Tablet Deals &... that brings the price down to $100

I just bought a Lenovo M8 FHD and it works great. The Fly app downloads from the Play Store and installs and runs without any problem. So far, the screen on this tablet appears to be really nice. It is very bright, but I haven't used it in direct sun, yet. It's definitely much brighter than my iPhone 8. I hope to get to test it in direct sun this weekend. The tablet is very responsive. It has 3GB RAM and Android 9.
Hello, greetings. It's great to know that M8 FHD is working with the fly app. I am new to drone and a new member to this channel, trying to find out what could be the issue that M8 FHD does not connect with the DJI Mini 2 controller? I have tried 3 cables so far and the fly app when I turn it on it shows no device is connected to the controller. Unfortunately, these cables do not even charge the tablet as tested connecting to the computer. It would be great if you can shade some helpful hints how you 'd manage to connect Lenevo M8 FHD to flyapp?

Many thanks indeed.
Samuel

It would be great if you can shade some helpful hints how you 'd manage to connect Lenevo M8 FHD to flyapp?
You don't connect the tablet to the fly app. You install it and It sounds like you have already done that or you wouldn't have it on your device.

Hello, greetings. It's great to know that M8 FHD is working with the fly app. I am new to drone and a new member to this channel, trying to find out what could be the issue that M8 FHD does not connect with the DJI Mini 2 controller? I have tried 3 cables so far and the fly app when I turn it on it shows no device is connected to the controller.
I don't know how to recreate that situation. My fly app will open without being connected to the controller. It will ask me to connect to aircraft, but I don't know how to get a not connected to controller message.

I guess the bottom line is that I have a Lenovo M8 FHD. Installed the fly app with no problems. Connected it to the controller. It automatically connects to my mini2, precumably because the controller is already connected to the mini2 before I attach the data wire. I then do a few preflight checks and away I go.

You don't connect the tablet to the fly app. You install it and It sounds like you have already done that or you wouldn't have it on your device.

I don't know how to recreate that situation. My fly app will open without being connected to the controller. It will ask me to connect to aircraft, but I don't know how to get a not connected to controller message.

I guess the bottom line is that I have a Lenovo M8 FHD. Installed the fly app with no problems. Connected it to the controller. It automatically connects to my mini2, precumably because the controller is already connected to the mini2 before I attach the data wire. I then do a few preflight checks and away I go.
Thank you for your reply indeed and sorry for the confusion. I do have fly app on the M8 installed and i can click on connect to aircraft. When I do that it goes to the video mode but on the top left there is a message which shows "no device is connected to the controller"; so when I connect the controller and the M8 with a cable it does nothing so obviously the M8 is not connected to the controller for charging. Hence is the confusion how do you take off without the device connected to the controller is not actually connected. So no matter which data cable I connect the controller to M8 it just gives the message "device is not connected to the controller". Thus I am confused how does it work without M8 not have any connection with the controller; I hope I am able to explain. Thanks.

Have you flown with a phone or some other device?
Yes, it works from 2 of my smartphones just wanted to use the tablet so I could see the things better. However, since few mentioned it works with Lenovo M8 so wanted to find out how did they make it to work!

OK... I've did some testing with mine. If I don't plug the wire into the tablet...pressing the "connect to aircraft" button on the lower right of the app doesn't connect to the aircraft (no surprise there). If I connect to the tablet, connect to the aircraft, and then unplug the tablet...I get the "RC not connected to mobile device" warning in the upper left of the app.

Unfortunately, all that leads me to believe is that you've got some bad wires seeing as how you've tried more than one. You must be getting connection to attach to the aircraft, and then lose connection which gives you the "RC not connected..." warning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52