DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Leveraging 4K and 60fps in post production

Dangerly

Reactions
I wanted to show off some of the post production stuff I've been playing with. I'm not claiming this is any great work of video or anything - it's more a playground for me to explore what I can do in post production, and how I might want to set up my video settings to best leverage that. So let's start with the video.

For the first scene, I put the drone in T mode and I recorded in 4K60, with an ND16 filter on to compensate for the glare but still try to get some shadow. Wish I could have recorded in 4K60 HDR but that's not a thing. This let me capture the birds flying in super slow motion at the end. In post production, I used a smooth speed ramp to both speed up past some rocks, and then slow way down as the birds were taking off. I also saturated the color a bit.

1646261382049.png

The second scene was shot after the sun set, so I took off the ND filter for this one. Recorded at 4K30 HDR. In post production I gradually zoomed in to the center of the shot to bring the Golden Gate Bridge closer than it really was to the drone.

1646261329567.png
The final scene is just using a bunch of speed ramping to get to the money shot at the end.

1646261420379.png

Great Job !!!

Very nice editing. Usually I don’t finish a video and turn off the music. On your video, I watched the entire video and left the sound on. I think it was a successful exercise. Nicely done.

I think it's awesome!

Reactions: sarahb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S