Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lifespan of the mechanical shutter of the DJI M3E

a2k

Reactions
Site
www.a2k.de
Hello dear members, DJI Mavic 3E pilots and experts,
I use the DJI Mavic 3 E - like most - to take photos to create models or plans via photogrammetry. I use the camera's mechanical shutter. We all know that a very large number of recordings are made during such missions. Depending on the mission, task and required quality, this can be several hundred or many thousands of photos.

I'd be interested to know how many releases this shutter can make before it's broken.

As a professional photographer, I know that the lifespan of camera shutters is limited, precisely because they are mechanical and therefore inevitably subject to wear and tear. With professional cameras (DSLR/DSLM e.g. Canon cameras) is about 100,000 shots and with flagship models like I use them (Canon R5) about 400,000 - 500,000 shutter releases before the shutter has to be replaced. It is therefore also important for the calculation to know when to expect a failure. In other words, a replacement of the camera or a repair of the drone and what costs you have to expect.

In addition, I am interested in whether damage to the closure due to high stress is also covered by DJI Care if the closure breaks within the coverage period.

I can't find anything about it on Google, on the DJI homepage or in the DJI forums. Does anyone of you have experience or more information about the durability and where can you read out how many pictures have already been made.

I would be happy to hear from you and say thank you in advance.

Joe

I used (still use) an Inspire 2 with an x4s camera. It has done well over 200 maps averaging 1000 photos/map. Still working great, even in sub freezing weather.
Now primarily using the M3E, with maybe 20 maps of similar size. We will see how long it lasts.

Reactions: R.Cowan
Hello dear members, DJI Mavic 3E pilots and experts,
I use the DJI Mavic 3 E - like most - to take photos to create models or plans via photogrammetry. I use the camera's mechanical shutter. We all know that a very large number of recordings are made during such missions. Depending on the mission, task and required quality, this can be several hundred or many thousands of photos.

I'd be interested to know how many releases this shutter can make before it's broken.

As a professional photographer, I know that the lifespan of camera shutters is limited, precisely because they are mechanical and therefore inevitably subject to wear and tear. With professional cameras (DSLR/DSLM e.g. Canon cameras) is about 100,000 shots and with flagship models like I use them (Canon R5) about 400,000 - 500,000 shutter releases before the shutter has to be replaced. It is therefore also important for the calculation to know when to expect a failure. In other words, a replacement of the camera or a repair of the drone and what costs you have to expect.

In addition, I am interested in whether damage to the closure due to high stress is also covered by DJI Care if the closure breaks within the coverage period.

I can't find anything about it on Google, on the DJI homepage or in the DJI forums. Does anyone of you have experience or more information about the durability and where can you read out how many pictures have already been made.

I would be happy to hear from you and say thank you in advance.

Joe
Interesting question. Something I've wondered about as well. Mechanical shutters first introduced with the P4P, so by now quite a few of those will be getting close to the shutter maintenance milestone.
Also wondered how DJI plans to deal with this, haven't spotted a word about it in the manuals I've read through.

Also wondered how DJI plans to deal with this, haven't spotted a word about it in the manuals I've read through
Probably the same way as Nikon, Canon etc. deal with a broken shutter. Free replace within warranty, if it is out of warranty you pay for the repair.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne