DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightened float with aerodynamic modification for mavic 2 pro.

Looks the RAM jet engines on the SR-71.

Or the nacelles from the Starship Enterprise. :D

looks good but it probably wont keep the weight of a M2P above the water even if it were upside down which is what normally happens when you try to land on the surface it flips

Reactions: Thomas B
Useful only in the calmest of waters. Could help retrieve the hulk after an over water crash.
Expect significant change in the drones reaction to any wind.
Bought similar... floated in a bathtub.... then put them on the shelf.

In strong winds, of course, I don't fly over water or land, but when you fly over water and it falls, I will be able to retrieve it and with the "care refresh" insurance they refund me ...

but when you fly over water and it falls, I will be able to retrieve it and with the "care refresh" insurance they refund me ...
That's what everyone who's interested in these things is thinking.
How many are thinking about how they are going to get out on the water to retrieve whatever is floating?

How many are thinking about how they are going to get out on the water to retrieve whatever is floating?

Just need to call Thunderbirds! Thunderbird 5 could locate it and Thunderbird 2 does the pickup. If it sinks then that’s a job for Gordon in Thunderbird 4. Easy!

I research different "floats" and watched a lot of videos.
This style will allow the drone to flip over if it turn side ways in a wave.
The good thing you will be able to retrieve the drone.
It is nice to see the zip ties to keep them from falling out of the clamps.
I know it might a problem to get out to retrieve it from the surface but it is better then to find someone to dive to the bottom to retrieve it.

Reactions: MA2 317
I know it might a problem to get out to retrieve it from the surface but it is better then to find someone to dive to the bottom to retrieve it.

Of all the stuff a drone pilot needs to have at their disposal, three contacts come to mind on the emergency call list.

1) An Arborist to get it from the tree.

2) A rock climber that has ropes and stuff to get it from the ledge.

3) A scuba diver for those pesky water rescues.

:D

I have an inflatable kayak in the trunk, but I have renamed it the "Piece of Mung." It might be good for a few hundred yards in calm water. Probably not worth the $100 it cost.

Tried those floats on a Mini. Caused my only crash, EVER. Went into a death spin while hovering. Blocked the downflow from the props. Using a GetterBack float now, for retrieval.

I have the Arris Raptor pontoon for my Mavic pro's. only use them on very calm days and when flying over large body of water. Mostly use the skids that the pontoons attach to for hand grips, when filming people, or attaching to a Long 15 foot extender
with my drone attached to it. Especially when flying in doors, doing video of people.
Never, ever have tried landing on water, I avoid water landings. Even though the company showed how easy it was to land on water with the pontoon, even though he did it flawlessly every time. Only use it for emergency to recover the drone, usually its upside down when doing a recovery. Been looking at the Mantus Claw, for my other drone for recovery if necessary.

You can put a weight of gr. 161 on a drone of gr. 249 (type mavic mini) ..... it is logical that something will go wrong.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61