DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightning splitter to charge while flying

espring

Reactions
Has anyone found a splitter that allows an iPad (lightning) to charge with an external battery pack while connected and flying a Mavic? I got this splitter but only the charging side works and the headphone side doesn't connect to the Mavic controller (or vica versa the controller connects but the battery pack doesn't charge)

Has anyone found a splitter that allows an iPad (lightning) to charge with an external battery pack while connected and flying a Mavic? I got this splitter but only the charging side works and the headphone side doesn't connect to the Mavic controller (or vica versa the controller connects but the battery pack doesn't charge)
Nope sorry won’t work I wish

No sorry what you would need is a splitter that has one side for full data and other side for power.

Edit: Well it does say you can use it for data sync but it doesn't say you can data sync while charging. For most applications this would be redundant. Idk

This is a bit off topic. Amazon has a splitter cable that will allow the charging or the addition of a battery pack to keep a Mavic Pro controller going on those long flights. Amazon.com: BSHTU Angled Micro USB Y Splitter Cable OTG Power Enhancer Cord USB 2.0 A Female to 90 Degree Micro USB Male and Straight Micro Female On-The-Go Adapter (Micro Male 90Degree): Computers & AccessoriesAndroid cable.JPG

This is a bit off topic. Amazon has a splitter cable that will allow the charging or the addition of a battery pack to keep a Mavic Pro controller going on those long flights. Amazon.com: BSHTU Angled Micro USB Y Splitter Cable OTG Power Enhancer Cord USB 2.0 A Female to 90 Degree Micro USB Male and Straight Micro Female On-The-Go Adapter (Micro Male 90Degree): Computers & AccessoriesView attachment 74073
You actually don’t need this at all. You can just use the bottom OTG USB A port(the common type) to connect your device the the remote and use the micro USB port on the side to change the remote like normal.

My Mavic Pro Fly more combo came with the adapter to turn a mavic battery into a power bank and even if a battery has less than enough to fly with it’s still plenty to charge the remote. I just put a spent battery in my back pocket and wrap the usb cord around to the controller and boom.

The trick here is though how could you charge and iOS device while using it in the remote. The remote doesn’t charge iOS devices

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Charging your iOs device while flying would be terrific. We have tried every permutation of splitter and found that the controller needs all the channels in the lightning connector to operate properly. We have tried this on Inspire 1 and 2, not my Mavic, however. It would be so helpful in sub-freezing temps where batteries consume their charge at an accelerated rate.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2