DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Limited distance, always

BigDaddy505

Reactions
Every time I fly I can't get past 3,000 feet from the starting point. No it's not any limit I've set. After 2,500 ft it starts with the list signal stuff then I lose the signal and video live feed then it automatically starts with the RTH safety feature on it's own. What an i doing wrong?

This is most likely due to radio signal interference between you and the craft. Have you tested this by flying in a different location? Somewhere devoid of rogue wifi and high tension power lines?

This is most likely due to radio signal interference between you and the craft. Have you tested this by flying in a different location? Somewhere devoid of rogue wifi and high tension power lines?

That's crazy. I have high amounts of Wi-Fi service in the area where I am and also I'm in the middle of high tension power lines all intertwined throughout the same area.
I will try a different area for my testing.
Thank you very much.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Make sure as the craft gets further away from you that your holding or adjusting the two antennas to the optimum angle for maximum signal and not flying into the Null zone of the tips of the antenna?

Reactions: Flying Images
The best signal is a straight line between your RC and the Mavic. If there are any trees or buildings between, the signal will degrade. Increasing altitude will help keep signal clearer. I can only go about 4000 ft in my back yard due to trees but in open area on plateau I can go over 20000 ft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR