DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Limiting by degrees and stealth.

Soxer123

Reactions
I regularly fly my Mavic Air at a beauty spot local to me called Barr Beacon, it's a high point and there is a flight path nearby on approach to Birmingham, airport.

When I started flying last October, there were no warnings, nor restrictions. Then earlier this year, I'd get a warning on my software but I could still fly. I have had a couple of disconnects at only a few hundred feet away which I found odd. Then, this morning, I went to the beacon tha the drone wouldn't take off. I could see a warning box, but the sun was pretty bright and I'd not got my glasses, so couldn't read the detail, but it looks by small degrees, the authorities are slowly but surely tightening the screws.

The planes when they go over are at about 2 or three thousand feet as it's about 10 miles to the airport as the plane flies. PRetty disgraceful I feel. I fly responsibly and never fly more than about a hundred feet. Now, one of only a couple of cloations locally.

I try to steer clear of population, because some of the pondlife likes be be the dutiful citizens and approach me asking "Is that legal".

Next time I go to the beacon with my glasses, I will challenge the software restriction with DJY, as the maps I've checked online don;t show any restriction.

This is the map from the DJI software showing my position and the edge of the restricted space. See, I'm not in it.

Wondering where I should take this. DJI support ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54