DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Link a spare remote to Mvic Pro

Bigswedie

Reactions
If anyone has any experience using a spare or a secondary remote I have a question.
-When you are done with linking a second remote (for training or what ever) to your Mavic Pro. You fly and use both the primary and secondary remote and then when you are done for the day. You turn both controllers and the Mavic off. What is the status next time you fly?
Do you need to link the spare remote again or could you just turn both controllers and the Mavic on and both controllers remembers who is primary and secondary?

I am asking because I want to be able to take off using my primary controller, then my dad 1km up the road equipped with the secondary controller takes over and land the Mavic. Is this possible or does the secondary remote needs to be re-linked to the Mavic every time?

Regards bigSwedie

Was thinking of doing something similar.. to extend the range. From what I have seen on YOUTUBE (not much there) is that you have turn on the secondary controller first and use the link button in the drone to link.the controller. The primary controller is turned on and the the link button on the drone is pushed to link it.
Nothing is mentioned about what happens if both controllers are turned off and then back on.
I am thinking if the primary controller is turned back on it will connect with drone. Not sure if does as the CRYSTALSKY monitor does not have the upgrade to allow 2 controllers yet.

If anyone has any experience using a spare or a secondary remote I have a question.
-When you are done with linking a second remote (for training or what ever) to your Mavic Pro. You fly and use both the primary and secondary remote and then when you are done for the day. You turn both controllers and the Mavic off. What is the status next time you fly?
Do you need to link the spare remote again or could you just turn both controllers and the Mavic on and both controllers remembers who is primary and secondary?

I am asking because I want to be able to take off using my primary controller, then my dad 1km up the road equipped with the secondary controller takes over and land the Mavic. Is this possible or does the secondary remote needs to be re-linked to the Mavic every time?

Regards bigSwedie

To my knowledge it won’t work in your intended application...

In the Inspire series (and I believe Mavic as well, as I use dual remotes for training) the Primary controller is always the transmitter source of flight commands. The Secondary controller talks to the drone THROUGH the Primary - not directly to the aircraft - and for that reason it must be in close proximity to the Primary controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929