DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Lisbon Portugal

That was a really good video! I was all set to see more and the end came. I guess that's your way of having us wanting more!! ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Can you explain how you flew your drone in this area? See Airmap attachments. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-1061.PNG
    IMG-1061.PNG
    699.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-1060.PNG
    IMG-1060.PNG
    5.9 MB · Views: 5
Ok, thanks! So, in other words Airmap is pretty much useless to determine if it is ok to fly!

Great video and beautiful scenery. Looks like the original "Christ the redeemer" statue, like the one in Brazil - it being a former Portuguese colony.

Wasn’t a restricted zone for DJI geofencing and didn’t even require an unlock like other areas in Portugal
That looks like a restricted area to me.

This is a third-party map but it shows restrictions for all of central Lisbon.

In addition you have to register your drone, insurance and as pilot on their E-AAN portal.

You have to apply and select each area where you would fly. They want GPS coordinates, the dates and times you plan to fly, the altitude and radius of where you would fly.

In that E-AAN portal, when you click to add coordinates, a map display comes out showing all the restrictions.

I haven't yet applied to fly in any areas but it's not just their civil aviation agency, you have to deal with natural parks and military organizations as well.

I haven't yet been to Portugal. Maybe there's very little enforcement and you're able to fly in a busy city with international airports nearby such as Lisbon.

But the odds are, like most other big cities, there would be heavy restrictions on drone flight unless you apply and pay for commercial permits.

I'd love to hear that most recreational drone pilots have had no issues flying without specific permissions and following AAN and other Portuguese agency rules and laws, because the less hassle the better.

But it seems unlikely that recreational fliers, especially foreign visitors, would be allowed to ignore laws which are clearly published.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki