DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - Accidently move POI when setting up Orbit mission

Mikeydz

Reactions
Hi.

I'm using Litchi, and have a question about accidentally moving a POI while setting up an Orbit mission.

I fly over the POI and set the waypoint using the C1 button. I then move the drone to where I want to start the orbit. I then tap on the POI to set the orbit parameters.

1. If I fat finger tap near the POI, but not exactly on it, then the POI will move to where I tap.
2. If I tap on the POI, then the orbit settings screen will open. However, if I accidentally tap just slightly outside the setting window while adjusting the settings like speed, orbit radius, etc..., then the POI will shift to where I tapped on the screen.

Is there any setting that can lock a POI in place once it is set or force a warning before the POI is moved?

Reactions: mereflyer
Hi.

I'm using Litchi, and have a question about accidentally moving a POI while setting up an Orbit mission.

I fly over the POI and set the waypoint using the C1 button. I then move the drone to where I want to start the orbit. I then tap on the POI to set the orbit parameters.

1. If I fat finger tap near the POI, but not exactly on it, then the POI will move to where I tap.
2. If I tap on the POI, then the orbit settings screen will open. However, if I accidentally tap just slightly outside the setting window while adjusting the settings like speed, orbit radius, etc..., then the POI will shift to where I tapped on the screen.

Is there any setting that can lock a POI in place once it is set or force a warning before the POI is moved?
Best I can offer is when you get the point set for the POI save the mission so that if it gets screwed up you can reload the saved mission to put the point back. That a d zoom in really far in the map so if you do move it it will move such a small distance that it won’t matter

Hi.

This was something I struggled with for a few days but after using Litchi and getting a "Feel" for editing on screen the problem went away. If you move the POI just press and hold then move it back to where it was supposed to be (or close to it).

I like the idea from @brett8883 about saving and reloading if you move the POI.

I have fat fingers too, plus close-up vision "ain't what she used to be"... so I keep a stylus in my kit for when I need more precise tapping.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3