DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and Compass Calibration in Mavic Mini

raulmavic

Reactions
Hi,

I received several "Your drone needs compass calibration" messages when flying my Mavic Mini using Litchi app.

I tried 'Calibrate Compass' option at Litchi setup menu, but nothing happend.

litchi calibrate compass.jpg

At the end, I had to calibrate compass by using DJI Fly app.

Is there 'Calibrate Compass' command working at Litchi for Mavic Mini ?

R.

Hi,

I received several "Your drone needs compass calibration" messages when flying my Mavic Mini using Litchi app.

View attachment 117316

R.
@raulmavic this may help you.

I just tested calibrating Litchi beta on an iOS phone and after pressing the "Calibrate Compass" as on your screenshot, the next screen asked me to "listen to the instructions and follow the AC's LED indicators to proceed". I pushed OK and there was no voice instructions. I double checked that my volume was turned up and in Litchi's option I had SPEECH turned on. I also played some music and got audio so I tried it again and no audio instructions but I saw that the mini's LED was RED so I did the DJI Compass Dance and the LEDs indicated correctly that I had done a horizontal 360 so I did the nose down 360 and the LED whet green. So all was good except for me there was no audio or on screen instructions. Being a beta version maybe that is being worked on.

update: I just tried Litchi calibration on an Ipad Pro and an old iPad (2012) and on those two I got the correct verbal instructions. I tried it again on the iPhone7 but no audio but I just watched the LEDs and did the dance. Went thru all I know about audio (music works) and Litchi permissions but no instructions.

Can others test their Litchi compass calibration and the results and say what device they are using, iOS/Android, Phone/Tablet?

Great !

I didn't realize LED lights status on mine. I'll test it as soon as possible.

I wrote litchi support and here is their answer:

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd)
17 Nov 2020, 12:44 GMT
Hi,

After you tap the button, follow the voice guidance and the drone LEDs to calibrate it. There is no interface inside Litchi just the button to start the calibration
Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

R.
17 Nov 2020, 12:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm Litchi Beta tester for Mavic Mini.

R.

R.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
another answer from litchi:

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd)

18 Nov 2020, 09:31 GMT

Hi,

Please check your mobile device settings, specifically the speech settings, they need to be setup correctly (by default should be) in order for voices to work.
You may also have to install the google text to speech app: Google Text-to-Speech – Apps on Google Play

Kind Regards,
Litchi

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I had similar difficulties with the Mavic Air and LItchi - it reports that the compass should be calibrated, but makes it difficult to do so.
Simple solution: run DJI Go 4 (in my case; for you DJI Fly) and calibrate the compass from there. Quit the DJI app (or don't - it has never made any difference to me) and then run your mission from Litchi.

Yes, that's the same workarround I'm forced to use. Next time I'll take a look to Mini's leds and will try to perform a dumb (no voice) calibration.

Hi alll,

After last Litchi update (v4.18.0-g) compass calibration works like a charm. A clear and loud voice guides you trought entire process at my Android 10 Galaxy A40 smartphone.

Thank you, Litchi team !

R.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan