DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi And Forward Sensors

kgreylgrey

Reactions
Hi All,

I have a few questions about flying a Litchi Waypoint mission and how the forward sensors of the Mavic work.

1. Do the forward sensors work during a Litchi mission?

2. If so, what action will the Mavic take when the sensors detect an object in the flight path that would cause a collision? Mission Canceled? Mission Paused? Mission ...?
RTH Initiated?

3. What information would the Litchi app display to the Op?

Normally, I'd test this out myself, but since it involves the potential for a crash, I'd rather
rely on the experience of the forum.

Thanks

1. Do the forward sensors work during a Litchi mission?

Yes, if the option is enabled in the DJI GO app first. They are integrated into the craft at that point.

2. If so, what action will the Mavic take when the sensors detect an object in the flight path that would cause a collision? Mission Canceled? Mission Paused? Mission ...?
RTH Initiated?

Litchi claims it will either try to go around or over the obstacle. I have seen videos where it has done this

and others where it has initiated a RTH.

Others claim that it stays in place:

Finally found how Litchi waypoints tackled collision avoidance

I'm not sure what to think. I haven't tested it in any manner yet.

Reactions: efowler
I have not confirmed this myself, but a quick search found that Litchi uses the avoidance settings in the Go 4 app. My personal advice is to assume that they will not work and plan accordingly. One of the great things about Litchi missions is that while the Mavic is flying one direction, the camera (and forward sensors) may be pointing another direction. The Mavic is more than happy to fly sideways or backwards right into a tree if that is what it is being directed to do. Also remember that if the RC looses contact with the Mavic while on mission, the Mavic will continue with the mission and you will be unable to stop or cancel it until contact is re-established.

I am running a repeated mission every week recording a house under construction. I then merge the videos to show the building progress over time. When I set up the mission I underestimated the height of some trees and the Mavic would have flown sideways into them if I had not been there to pause the mission in time. I made the corrections and am now able to run the mission without any input after start with the exception of focus and start/stop recording. It just runs the mission and lands where it started.

Reactions: efowler
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d