DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and the Mavic Mini

maelstrom

Reactions
Has Litchi released any information about when the full (non-beta) version for the Mini will be released?

Last edited:
Today there was an iOS update for the beta Litchi for the mini. It now can do ORBIT and has some minor fixes. Haven't tried it out yet.

@adamcrow64, I too like Litchi's FPV mode. Possibly they could add switching the HUD while in FPV as a "C1 switch" option but I think it might be dangerous not having the info like altitude etc displayed. I use C1 to switch from FPV to the camera's front lens to hand land/launch and to check my immediate surroundings. Love the auto PANO mode (Low/Med/High Res) with auto stitching and "Tiny Planet". Fabulous features!

Last edited:
Reactions: NoviceKNOWnot
Has Litchi released any information about when the full (non-beta) version for the Mini will be released?
I have both the Mavic Mini and the Mavic Air2. Why would I want to pay money for the Litchi app when the DJI Fly app is free? Is it that much better and what more does it offer?

I have both the Mavic Mini and the Mavic Air2. Why would I want to pay money for the Litchi app when the DJI Fly app is free? Is it that much better and what more does it offer?
In addition to the FPV and Pano mode that I previously mentioned, there's a very comprehensive guide linked here. Litchi User Guide I've highlighted some of the beta features below that work with the mini, waypoints are not yet supported with the mini but are with your Air2.

I understand that the new beta ORBIT mode for the mini allows you to manually control (override) all aspects of the orbit ie: speed, height, radius etc in real time during the orbit. Not many of those features work with the mini in the free DJI Fly App so while I still have to do some testing, I consider Litchi a great bargain just for the FPV mode for googles, Pano and Orbit modes.

Litchi User GUIDE.jpg

Last edited:

Third party apps can offer features not available in the Fly app. For example, Litchi offers a follow me feature (if you have an Android phone) and Dronelink gives you waypoints amongst other things.

waypoints are not yet supported with the mini but are with your Air2.

The MA2 isn’t supported by Litchi as the SDK hasn’t been released yet.

Reactions: dawgpilot
The most important feature to me is the Litchi VR goggles support. You can use any Google Cardboard compatible goggles and fly your Mini with it.
And in the most recent beta version they also redefined the radio's RTH button for switching flight modes by a short press, so no screen interaction is required when flying with goggles.

Reactions: Remcovsk
Litchi app is not working with my Mavic Mini. After following all instructions properly, still no feed on my app screen! It says "disconnected". Any clue?

The MA2 isn’t supported by Litchi as the SDK hasn’t been released yet.

@maelstrom, thanks for the correction on the MA2.

Litchi app is not working with my Mavic Mini. After following all instructions properly, still no feed on my app screen! It says "disconnected". Any clue?

- Are you using Android or iOS? I think there are different steps to become part of the testing the beta app depending on which OS you are using. iOS uses TestFlight to install the app and report glitches/comments, not sure about Android.

- Do you have the DJI Fly app open in the background which is preventing Litchi from connecting? Maybe try closing everything and then turn on the mini, then the controller, then Litchi.

Have you registered yourself for the Litchi Beta program and then updated to the latest beta?
The standard Litchi version from Google Play or App Store is not yet compatible with the Mini.

I too just purchased a mavic mini. I bought the Litchi app several years ago when I bought my phantom 3 and reinstalled it on my phone. I use a Google Pixel2 (Android). I too cannot get mine to link up. How do you go about signing up for the beta program?

I too just purchased a mavic mini. I bought the Litchi app several years ago when I bought my phantom 3 and reinstalled it on my phone. I use a Google Pixel2 (Android). I too cannot get mine to link up. How do you go about signing up for the beta program?
Never mind, I figured it out. I got the beta update. I love the Litchi app!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803