DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi, Autopilot and KML files, how does it work

waylander

Reactions
Please anyone before I loose my mind... has anyone got an example of a KML file that will load into the Autopilot App... I have not been able to get a Google Earth KML file to load, because G-E KMl's do not contain waypoint markers, when you export them nor can I get an exported file from Litchi mission-hub to load into Autopilot.

What is it with this bloody awful app, that it cant load KML's, please Help, I've spent 2 days with no success,

There was a an OP who posted a KML file he had made which he called "Circle" and it was supposed to load into AutoPilot, but it did not.

I'm using Autopilot v4.6.188 running on an iPad Air 2

Please some help I have a mission to fly on the 25th May and it is over undulating terrain, Google Earth will map a course with heights Relative to Ground, this KML will load into Litchi Hub but for the life of me I cant get it to Load into AutoPilot

Waylander

I am sure you followed the instruction on Hangar's website:

Importing
To Import a Flight Plan, send a KML/KMZ file to your device via Airdrop, text message, email, etc. Once the file is available on the device, Autopilot will appear as one of the available apps capable of opening the file. Open the file in Autopilot and any points that are found in the imported file will automatically be used as Waypoints in Waypoint Mode.

I created quickly a path within Google Earth and was able to import the .KMZ into Autopilot.
It was not 100% OK, so minor tweaking was neccessary.

Attached as .ZIP my test flight plan.

Attachments

• Test AP import.zip
    810 bytes · Views: 11
Hi Keule
Thanks for your reply, sorry to take so long to respond I've been away this weekend, with no access to my PC.
Yes I have read the Hangar instructions I've had Autopilot for around two years, but never used it all that much, When I first got AP I had no problem importing KML or KMZ files from Google Earth, and I used Airdisk Pro to import files.
I again tried to use Autopilot but this time I found that I could not import the files. Anyway long story short, I reinstalled Autopilot, and deleted every flight plan I had previously stored, then used imazing to check the directory structure and found several copies of KML files in the Autopilot Documents directory that did not get erased when I ditched the Flight plans from Autopilot, so erased them also. Still could not get KML's or KMZ's to import, eventually found that the files would only import via Airdisk, or via email if Autopilot was already open in iPad memory.

But as other OP's have noted the relative terrain height stored in the KML file did not import, and Autopilot set the Altitude for all waypoint's to it's default height, that sucks, and my further investigation found that Autoflight Hangar have been aware of this for a many months, and done nothing to rectify the problem.

So for an application that costs money to purchase, and gets such a poor response from the app designer, I'm sticking with Litchi.....

Thanks for you response, and sorry for my tardy response.

Happy flying
Waylander

No problem,

i ran into the same problem with the default height :-(
Depending on the jobs to do, i am using different apps like GSPro, Autopilot, PIX4D ...

As you already stated, it's a shame, that Autopilot does not have such a basic function as .KML import with altitudes.
Maybe 'coming soon ...' ;-)

Fly safe
//K

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007