DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi, Create a waypoint mission from a GPS file

Arthur H H

Reactions
Okay in my part of the world google is not very up-to-date and somewhat inaccurate. I find the waypoint missions track can be up to 20 feet off the line I set in the mission planner and as to the elevations that is a joke.
I want to do a high speed run along a road/track and so far the mission planner has failed to get it right. So if i carried a GPS and walked it them could I load the KMZ (notKML) into litchie fine tune it and then run it?

I want to do a high speed run along a road/track and so far the mission planner has failed to get it right. So if i carried a GPS and walked it them could I load the KMZ (notKML) into litchie fine tune it and then run it?

If you're going to walk it, why not just fly the drone as you walk and mark your waypoints using the C1 button? Then you can save the mission and tweak/replay it ad infinitum.

And you can do that in Go4 eh...

True, but Litchi still has better options for waypoint missions. However if the OP is just going to fly straight down the tracks with a fixed gimbal position then either app will work just fine.

Flying it and using the C1 button will record it. If you set the mission parameters to interpolate before flying/recording, it will also capture the gimbal pitch angle as well. If you do walk it, I think you can import the KMZ into google earth and export a KML back to Litchi mission hub.

I've been using Drone Harmony and have had success with setting waypoints off the map. BUT - and that is a big but - I always fly it through the first time at walking speed. GPS isn't perfect and if you're flying low and fast the error in GPS can rear up and bite you in the but. I've found that in a given session the GPS waypoints are pretty reproducible but flying toward a fence or building or tree when you haven't already made sure you'll miss is way more stress than I want to get out of a hobby.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki