DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi-Disconnected

bcoles

Reactions
I tried Litchi for the first time today with very mixed results. My problem was on startup all I got was a red banner with Disconnected across the top. I'm using a year old iPad Air 2, all latest firmware, standard controller, USB bottom connecter, MP2. I tried the following things to see if I could connect to my AC: force quit DJI Go 4 app, switched cables, turned off controller, AC, iPad etc. many different times, tried linking button-no luck. I tried for about 15 minutes. So flew AC using Go4 it flew perfectly. Landed and Force quit the Go4 app, started up Litchi- no luck. Fiddled around and then suddenly it connected-do not know why. Flew a mission I had planned successfully. Landed-started up using second battery on Litchi -no luck would not connect. So I flew using Go 4 landed. Tried third battery and again on Litchi startup-Disconnected. I was about to give up after 10 minutes of trying and it suddenly connected. I flew my missions the AC performed as expected. I'm at a loss to know why it won't connect on startup. I also haven't a clue why it even connected the two times it did. Both cables i used worked perfectly on Go4 and one was brand new. Go 4 was not running in the background when I started up Litchi. I would really appreciated it if someone has any suggestions that may lead to a solution for me. Thanks, Bryan.

I find that once you have started the aircraft and then the controller, switch on the phone/tablet. I use android and it comes up with option to 'charge only', 'transfer files' and something else (just like when I plug the phone in to the PC). I choose 'Charge only', as you should but it does not start up. Then I disconnect the cable from the controller, reconnect it and the same comes up. I choose 'charge only' and then a dialogue comes up asking if I want to use DJI Go4 or Litchi (just once or always). I then choose Litchi, just once, and it starts up straight away, already connected. This whole thing takes 10-20 seconds.

I have not used Apple kit, but might it have a similar startup?

I tried Litchi for the first time today with very mixed results. My problem was on startup all I got was a red banner with Disconnected across the top. I'm using a year old iPad Air 2, all latest firmware, standard controller, USB bottom connecter, MP2. I tried the following things to see if I could connect to my AC: force quit DJI Go 4 app, switched cables, turned off controller, AC, iPad etc. many different times, tried linking button-no luck. I tried for about 15 minutes. So flew AC using Go4 it flew perfectly. Landed and Force quit the Go4 app, started up Litchi- no luck. Fiddled around and then suddenly it connected-do not know why. Flew a mission I had planned successfully. Landed-started up using second battery on Litchi -no luck would not connect. So I flew using Go 4 landed. Tried third battery and again on Litchi startup-Disconnected. I was about to give up after 10 minutes of trying and it suddenly connected. I flew my missions the AC performed as expected. I'm at a loss to know why it won't connect on startup. I also haven't a clue why it even connected the two times it did. Both cables i used worked perfectly on Go4 and one was brand new. Go 4 was not running in the background when I started up Litchi. I would really appreciated it if someone has any suggestions that may lead to a solution for me. Thanks, Bryan.
After rereading the Litchi manual re the IOS start up procedures I think I found out why I was getting the Disconnected message. It appears that I may have had DJI Go4 and Litchi running at the same time with one of them in the background. The start up procedures that seems to be working perfectly now is to make sure nothings is running in the background, turn on RC, turn on AC let them sync/connect, then start the Litchi app. Once Litchi loads the main screen shows all systems perfectly. Seems to work every time. Bryan.

Reactions: scdronemedia
I find that once you have started the aircraft and then the controller, switch on the phone/tablet. I use android and it comes up with option to 'charge only', 'transfer files' and something else (just like when I plug the phone in to the PC). I choose 'Charge only', as you should but it does not start up. Then I disconnect the cable from the controller, reconnect it and the same comes up. I choose 'charge only' and then a dialogue comes up asking if I want to use DJI Go4 or Litchi (just once or always). I then choose Litchi, just once, and it starts up straight away, already connected. This whole thing takes 10-20 seconds.

I have not used Apple kit, but might it have a similar startup?
I was just posted the fix that seems to work for me as your message appeared. On Apple products we are not able to charge our display so that message doesn't seem to appear. The good news is I think I got the problem solved. Thanks for your reply. Bryan.

After rereading the Litchi manual re the IOS start up procedures I think I found out why I was getting the Disconnected message. It appears that I may have had DJI Go4 and Litchi running at the same time with one of them in the background. The start up procedures that seems to be working perfectly now is to make sure nothings is running in the background, turn on RC, turn on AC let them sync/connect, then start the Litchi app. Once Litchi loads the main screen shows all systems perfectly. Seems to work every time. Bryan.
Be careful about that I really believe a lot of the waypoint issues are caused by people thinking they need to run both apps at the same time. Please do not do that LOL;

Reactions: Brice McMillan
Be careful about that I really believe a lot of the waypoint issues are caused by people thinking they need to run both apps at the same time. Please do not do that LOL;
I agree, I did make sure that Go 4 was swiped off on my iPad. It seems that the order in which I started everything was more important for Litchi as compared to Go 4. Bryan.

I cannot get connected with the Litchi software. Have (a) killed all apps on iPhone, (b) shut down iPhone, (c) powered up Mavic Mini, (d) powered up controller, (e) attached controller to iPhone, (f) powered up iPhone, and (g) launched the Litchi app.

Still says DISCONNECTED at the top of my screen.

I have an iPhone 8 Plus running IOS 13.5.1.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I cannot get connected with the Litchi software. Have (a) killed all apps on iPhone, (b) shut down iPhone, (c) powered up Mavic Mini, (d) powered up controller, (e) attached controller to iPhone, (f) powered up iPhone, and (g) launched the Litchi app.

Still says DISCONNECTED at the top of my screen.

I have an iPhone 8 Plus running IOS 13.5.1.

Any suggestions?

Litchi will likely be available for Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 later this summer
Haye Kesteloo
2 weeks ago
Add comment
3 min read
Good news for people who like to use the Litchi app to fly their DJI drones. The software development kit (SDK) is scheduled to be released in July, which will likely mean that Litchi will become available for DJI Mavic Mini and DJI Mavic Air 2 pilots later this summer.

Thanks for that news. Make me feel better knowing it wasn't something I was doing wrong.

Having nearly the same issue but with my google pixel and android 11. Purchased Litchi since JDI FLY crashing on start since upgrading to 11. I tried all the trouble shooting steps listed. Even completely uninstalled any other drone apps (DJI fly, Kitty Haul). Restarted the phone, the controller and the drone, still showing disconnected?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom