DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi for DJI Mini 3 Pro????

DJI has to release the SDK for the Mini 3 for 3rd party developers to write for this model. In the case of the Mini 2, it took them over 18 months after release before the SDK emerged. I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick SDK release for the Mini 3... But with DJI you never know. Litchi is one of the reasons that I'm, for the time, holding onto my Mini 2. I not only use Litchi, but Maven, DroneVR and a few other programs that are not available for the Mini 3 and Mavic 3 at this time.

Reactions: Rydintl1 and JTZ
DJI has to release the SDK for the Mini 3 for 3rd party developers to write for this model. In the case of the Mini 2, it took them over 18 months after release before the SDK emerged. I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick SDK release for the Mini 3... But with DJI you never know. Litchi is one of the reasons that I'm, for the time, holding onto my Mini 2. I not only use Litchi, but Maven, DroneVR and a few other programs that are not available for the Mini 3 and Mavic 3 at this time.
thanks for the reply and confirmation of what heard months back. I have been holding out for my purchase of the mimi 3. Had a dji product before and utilized litchi. Oh well

Reactions: JTZ
thanks for the reply and confirmation of what heard months back. I have been holding out for my purchase of the mimi 3. Had a dji product before and utilized litchi. Oh well
Sometimes "legacy models" have as much or more to offer than newer models. While I have a Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 2, the Mini 3 appealed to me, largely because of the DJI RC controller (as IMO the RCN1 controller is a downgrade from previous and premium) controllers and is the DJI bean-counters' way of inflating margin). I'm not selling my M2P any time soon either as the Mavic 3 doesn't have enough practical improvement for my needs; and 3rd party apps won't be available for some time- Not to mention that the Mavic 3 comes with the aforementioned cheapskate RCN1 controller unless you want to pay up $1200 for the RC Pro. The Mavic 2 controller has the same buttons and features as the RC Pro, except it doesn't have O3 nor a built in screen.

Last edited:
would be nice if dji do release the sdk for mini 3 as a lot to users seem to like the app, also should open up the use of 3rd party apps

would be nice if dji do release the sdk for mini 3 as a lot to users seem to like the app, also should open up the use of 3rd party apps
I don’t know if that matters to DJI. It took them over 18 months to produce an SDK for the mini2.

They havent even released the SDK for the Mavic 3 despite the fact its been out a year. I wouldn't hold my breath for the mini.

It looks more and more like DJI are trying to differentiate enterprise from consumer models by software cripples.

Reactions: bradm75
They havent even released the SDK for the Mavic 3 despite the fact its been out a year. I wouldn't hold my breath for the mini.

It looks more and more like DJI are trying to differentiate enterprise from consumer models by software cripples.
I'd agree, and add in hardware requirements too! I read that the newest SDKs are Android-only which aligns with what's loaded on their controllers. Will they develop for iOS at all?

Update to this thread, DJI changed there site and says "NO PLANS" for an SDK at all for the Mini 3 Pro.
For any platform.

It looks like they've taken the business decision to not support any product that isn't enterprise with an SDK.

Update to this thread, DJI changed there site and says "NO PLANS" for an SDK at all for the Mini 3 Pro.
For any platform.

It looks like they've taken the business decision to not support any product that isn't enterprise with an SDK.
That's aweful!
My next drone will not be from this manufacturing site !

I'd agree, and add in hardware requirements too! I read that the newest SDKs are Android-only which aligns with what's loaded on their controllers. Will they develop for iOS at all?
Open source has it's value big time when it comes to Android. Android also has a much larger consumer base. I use both Android and IOS for different purposes. Both have their places, but I can see why Android is the way to go in this case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580