DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Hub - How to create POI on an iPad Pro

pelagic_one

Wind-Blown Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Okay, now I’m creating a mission with Litchi Mission Hub on my iPad Pro’s Chrome browser. I have created the Waypoints, but how do I create POIs? Every time I touch the screen, it creates a new Waypoint, not a POI.

Last edited:
how do I create POIs?
Litchi's hub website is not optimized for mobile device gesture controls.
To enter a POI you can:
- use a mouse on your iPad Pro and right click to create a POI
- use the Litchi app

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thank you for your response. I’m really getting into Litchi, and always appreciative of knowledgeable forum members like you!

Thread on iPad and Litchi here:

the set point and set poi are on the same icon on the screen, click it and it changes between the two

the set point and set poi are on the same icon on the screen, click it and it changes between the two
On my iPad, this only works in the Litchi app:
1585395350272.png to Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 11.34.26.jpg

When running Chrome or Safari on the iPad, that button does not appear on the screen. It does not appear on the screen on a desktop computer either. Apart from Home and Discover, the only buttons that appear are:
1585395461170.png
And rather strangely, the functionality of these (Rotate, Scale, Move and Clear) is not duplicated within the app.

I love Litchi, but it is strongly in need of some development.

In the help section of Litchi, I printed out mouse shortcuts.
Left click = Add waypoint
Right click = add POI
Insert = Inserts a waypoint
There are more these are just a few.

Unless you use a mouse (as suggested by Keule) with your iPad, there is no "right click" on iPad Chrome or Safari running the Mission Hub.

The best thing to do if editing a mission using a browser on the iPad is:
- save the mission
- close the tab in Safari or Chrome
- open the Litchi app on the iPad
- load the mission
- add some Points of Interest
- save it from the Litchi app
- return to Safari or Chrome on the iPad
- reload the mission there
- use your new Points of Interest from there

Unless you use a mouse (as suggested by Keule) with your iPad, there is no "right click" on iPad Chrome or Safari running the Mission Hub...
- use your new Points of Interest from there

Many thanks for understanding the question. It’s taken a while for me to understand working on Mission Hub versus the Litchi app. You’ve outlined it plain and simple.

I was expecting someone to come up with an Apple Pencil-based solution, but I guess I could always just buy a $13.99 Bluetooth mouse, too. :)

On a Mac with a touchpad, go to Preferences/Touchpad and inspect or change the setting for 'secondary click'. Mine is set for bottom right corner of the touchpad.
I position the pointer on the map and then tap b !ottom right corner - hey presto - POINT OF INTEREST

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser