DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - loss of gps - what happens?

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Noobie to litchi here.
I want to plan a litchi mission that takes my Mavic air under a substantially wide bridge that crosses a river.
If the drone loses GPS as it passes under the bridge what will happen.
Does it continue the mission , or stop and RTH ?
Thanks

Noobie to litchi here.
I want to plan a litchi mission that takes my Mavic air under a substantially wide bridge that crosses a river.
If the drone loses GPS as it passes under the bridge what will happen.
If the drone loses GPS, it wouldn't be able to RTH or continue the mission.

...If the drone loses GPS...
In order to being able to continue the mission it needs to know where it is ... have GPS connection.
Equal with RTH ... GPS connection is required so the drone can find it's way home.

So by that only one ... or possibly 2 alternatives remains.

Either it fall back to ATTI mode when it "looses GPS" & start to hover but being in ATTI it will be drifting with what ever is effecting it ... like wind.

Or it will fall back to ATTI mode & force land ...

Either of these two alternatives will most probably not end well ... advice you to skip that "under the bridge" passage in the mission.

Last edited:
In order to being able to continue the mission it needs to know where it is ... have GPS connection.
Equal with RTH ... GPS connection is required so the drone can find it's way home.

So by that only one ... or possibly 2 alternatives remains.

Either it fall back to ATTI mode when it "looses GPS" & start to hover but being in ATTI it will be drifting with what ever is effecting it ... like wind.

Or it will fall back to ATTI mode & force land ...

Either of these two alternatives will most probably not end well ... advice you to skip that "under the bridge" passage in the mission.
I think your right. It was a mission up a river with a overpass at one end. Don't want to end up in the drink. Thanks for the clarification

Reactions: slup
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54