DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi/Mavic question about Mavic orientation during waypoint mission.

Marko9219

Reactions
I'm scratching my head here. I have a waypoint mission that is straight out, one single turn left, straight out again, stop, and come back home the exact reverse as the trip out. Here's my question: How do I get the Mavic to fly backwards coming back home. I mean, literally turn around, face away from me, and fly backwards to me? I have my strobe placed on the rear, and for visibility reasons (Visual Line of Sight) I need it to return with the strobe facing me. I can't fly the "return" option as my signal gets totally dropped right at the end of the mission, during the turn around for home point, for about 15 seconds, so the "return" option won't work.

The mission is loaded to the aircraft so it should return to waypoint 1 if that is how the mission is configured. But it will fly a straight point back to waypoint 1, it won’t retrace the mission. For what you want I would just add waypoints to retrace the route back and and set the orientation 180 degrees to the direction of travel.

Mike

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Why not just use "Finish Action = Reverse"

When using "Reverse", the only way for the mission to end is if you manually stop it, "Reverse" allows you to let the aircraft fly to the last waypoint and then replay the mission in reverse using the joysticks or the cruising speed slider.

Help - Litchi

If you set this, by the way I read the instructions it will fly up back and forth along the route, forward then reverse until you stop it.

Example mission - Click on SETTINGS finish action to see [Reverse]
Mission Hub - Litchi

Reactions: Tinmania
Why not just use "Finish Action = Reverse"

When using "Reverse", the only way for the mission to end is if you manually stop it, "Reverse" allows you to let the aircraft fly to the last waypoint and then replay the mission in reverse using the joysticks or the cruising speed slider.

Help - Litchi

If you set this, by the way I read the instructions it will fly up back and forth along the route, forward then reverse until you stop it.

Example mission - Click on SETTINGS finish action to see [Reverse]
Mission Hub - Litchi
My understanding of "Reverse "(though probably a wrong understanding ) is that when you pull down on the right stick, it will reverse its course. However, you have to have a good RC connection for this to work, and as I stated, I totally lose connection during the last 15 or 20 seconds of the flight outbound. Am I wrong in that understanding?

I don’t think ‘reverse’ will do it, not tried but I would expect it to turn around and fly the outward course but ‘heading’ home.

Set up a short test route to the end wp, then continue the route home with additional waypoints next to the outward ones. In mission settings set the heading as custom then for each wp set the heading, eg 90 degrees then the return waypoints heading would 180 opposite eg 270, you will see the blue a/c heading as you change the degrees.
Makes sense?

I will try it for you later and report back.

Just had a crack at it and you are quite correct. It requires a connection and stick input to do the reverse bit.

Simple L shaped 3 WPT route. Flies to the last waypoint and stops. Nothing happens until you PULL BACK on Right stick. Then it flies backwards along the route, orientated exactly as it was on the outbound phase. As soon as you release the RH back stick pressure it flies the mission forwards again. Like a rewind button.

So no good for your task. Instead you will need to create out and back WPTs and set appropriate orientation so that it effectively flies the second half in reverse. Should be pretty easy to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayaram