DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi mission

Hayabusa

Reactions
I want to do a Litchi automated mission from my home to my work and back. It’s mostly over water. It’s 27k’ round trip. Running a straight line from my place there and back at 25mph will take 17 min according to the planner. If I slow it down, it obviously takes longer. I want to make sure I have enough battery left Incase it takes longer. Does it take in consideration of battery drainage at lower and higher speeds?
Mike

Reactions: Former Member
Battery calculations are constant and ongoing according to real time conditions.

I’m not going to warn and scold, but don’t you think a completely hands off, automated, mission of 27k is a bit of a risk to your machine and any other low flying machines?

Again, it’s your neck, but I’ll let someone else preach.

Can you some trial 17 minute missions over land somewhere? Even if it's in a circle or large oval, it will give you a general idea of what you can expect from your battery in various conditions.

Murphys Law applies when flying over water.

Reactions: mereflyer
Can you some trial 17 minute missions over land somewhere? Even if it's in a circle or large oval, it will give you a general idea of what you can expect from your battery in various conditions.

Murphys Law applies when flying over water.
Ive done some others out around some islands. I circled a few so quite possibly covered same distance. I’ll have to run those up again to see how far they were. I know I came back with plenty of batt.

I guess I was more just curious to if I went slower but took longer, let’s say 20 min. But then gets close to end of battery or if I went faster for a quicker flight, but then does it eat up more battery? Seems like a faster speed is more efficient. From what I’ve read.

I've seen 6 mile missions done with both P3s and Mavics, so it is possible. Browse YouTube and you'll find them. I believe the low-battery RTH will still activate as needed if you don't turn it off. I would only attempt it in ideal conditions, though.

Reactions: zzxrox
As long as you have your return to home battery level set properly, there’s really no risk. It will return home even if the mission is not complete based on remaining battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61