DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi missions when connectivity is lost

johngoodwin1963

Reactions
I'm intrigued by the notion that a Litchi mission can continue to run when the drone loses connectivity. My question is ... how does the drone continue the mission when connectivity is lost? I'm have moderate technical expertise, but it seems to me, the only way a mission can continue without connectivity is if the mission gets "loaded" into the drone's memory rather than the controller sending sequential mission commands to the drone. Am I correct? Lastly, I read that Litchi for Mavic Mini may be available in April. Does the Mavic Mini have the same hardware as other DJI drones which will allow missions on the mavic mini to continue even beyond the range of connectivty?

The Mini’s software development kit (SDK) was announced to release this month, but who knows if they’ll maintain that schedule. Once released though, the programmers from the third party apps may then write code to read sensors and control the drone’s actions.

The Mini’s lack of obstacle avoidance sensors make flying pre-configured missions a bit more risky, making virtual test flights or uploading to Google Earth a necessity. Also, since the Mini does not have internal memory like the bigger sibling Mavics, I’m wondering if it will even support pre-configured missions...especially if connection is lost to the controller.

It’s truly a weird feeling - to a newbie like me - to just tap an icon on the app, watch my M2P fly to sequential waypoints, and then auto-land at home point upon mission completion.

Last edited:
Reactions: johngoodwin1963
But the mini is trimmed down on so many features I wonder if it has the hardware similar to the higher end drones which allows the up-loading of missions to it
That we will know when DJI releases the SDK and 3rd party developers can make use of it (i.e Litchi)

Reactions: johngoodwin1963
The Mini’s software development kit (SDK) was announced to release this month, but who knows if they’ll maintain that schedule.
No, DJI released an SDK update on Mar 20, 2020, with no Mavic Mini support.
Given the usual release schedule of an SDK major update every 6 months, expect the Mini support somehow around August / September 2020.

No, DJI released an SDK update on Mar 20, 2020, with no Mavic Mini support.
Given the usual release schedule of an SDK major update every 6 months, expect the Mini support somehow around August / September 2020.

Thanks for the clarification on SDK release dates. How long after the release of a Mini-supporting SDK would we typically expect to see third-party app support?

How long after the release of a Mini-supporting SDK would we typically expect to see third-party app support?
That's depending on the 3rd party developer.

I have seen support after the SDK release within days, weeks or months. (or never)
If a 3rd party developer thinks it's worth (moneywise) they sure will speed up the implementation process ...

Reactions: pelagic_one
No Litchi MM missions for me. Have very capable Phantoms for that. But would like it for the onscreen AC Lat/Longs. The coordinates can then be logged or sent to others. Something that DJI apps don’t have.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S