DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi not showing "Finish Mission" as option M2P

Tufargon

Reactions
So I had made a waypoint mission for my MA2 and wanted to fly it with my newly aquired M2P with Smart Controller. So I went onto the mission hub online and thought I would change it to "Finish Mission" if it loses connection and it's not there. Is that mission somehow tied to the MA2 now and the reason why I can't change that?

So I had made a waypoint mission for my MA2 and wanted to fly it with my newly aquired M2P with Smart Controller. So I went onto the mission hub online and thought I would change it to "Finish Mission" if it loses connection and it's not there. Is that mission somehow tied to the MA2 now and the reason why I can't change that?
The Litchi Mission Hub is drone-agnostic. Nowhere do you specify what drone will be used in the web application.

The “Signal Lost Behavior” option in the Litchi app settings is a general setting for all flying modes and not specific to waypoint missions.

Your M2P will complete your waypoint mission regardless of signal connection to the controller.

The Litchi Mission Hub is drone-agnostic. Nowhere do you specify what drone will be used in the web application.

The “Signal Lost Behavior” option in the Litchi app settings is a general setting for all flying modes and not specific to waypoint missions.

Your M2P will complete your waypoint mission regardless of signal connection to the controller.
Thanks for the reply. So setting it at "RTH" will allow it to finish the mission? Has the "Finish Mission" if signal lost option been removed?

Thanks for the reply. So setting it at "RTH" will allow it to finish the mission? Has the "Finish Mission" if signal lost option been removed?
Yes, your mission will run to completion. I don’t recall there ever being an explicit “Finish Mission” option. That is just how all drones used to behave.

I don't have one, but with the M2P, since it autonomously flies uploaded missions rather than using "virtual stick" commands from the app, there should also be an "AIRCRAFT" setting for "Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss: Off/On." If this is Off, the mission will continue; and if it's On, the drone will quit the mission and execute the option that you have set for "Signal Lost Behavior."

This isn't an option for the newer drones that use the DJI Fly app and virtual stick commands. Those drones aren't aware of any mission, so they do whatever has been set for "Signal Lost Behavior," i.e. the same behavior as if you were flying manually from DJI Fly.

On edit: I believe this is a fairly recent option in Litchi, but I don't know the timeline. Originally, the drone always continued the mission, but since that is illegal in most places, Litchi added this option.

I don't have one, but with the M2P, since it autonomously flies uploaded missions rather than using "virtual stick" commands from the app, there should also be an "AIRCRAFT" setting for "Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss: Off/On." If this is Off, the mission will continue; and if it's On, the drone will quit the mission and execute the option that you have set for "Signal Lost Behavior."

This isn't an option for the newer drones that use the DJI Fly app and virtual stick commands. Those drones aren't aware of any mission, so they do whatever has been set for "Signal Lost Behavior," i.e. the same behavior as if you were flying manually from DJI Fly.

On edit: I believe this is a fairly recent option in Litchi, but I don't know the timeline. Originally, the drone always continued the mission, but since that is illegal in most places, Litchi added this option.
That option was added to the Litchi app in November, 2019. It is one of those settings in the Litchi app that do not appear unless the RC is connected to your phone/tablet (for those people who use phones or tablets).

Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss: When enabled, waypoint missions will end when signal is lost. When that happens, the drone will then execute the failsafe procedure (which can be changed with the "Signal Lost Behavior" setting). This setting cannot be changed for newer DJI drones (Mavic Mini 1, Mini 2, Mini SE, Mavic Air 2 and Air 2S) as they are not able to continue waypoint missions beyond signal range.

By default, this option is off.

The "Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss" option was added to Litchi because DJI added that option to the SDK. Litchi did NOT add that option because of any laws a country might have.

The "Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss" option was added to Litchi because DJI added that option to the SDK. Litchi did NOT add that option because of any laws a country might have.
Well, I tried to hunt down when that setting was added to the SDK, with no luck. I found mentions of it in forum posts going back to 2016, so it had been there at least 3 or 4 years before Litchi added support, maybe longer. There isn't any mention of it in any SDK release notes, so as far as I can tell, it's been in there since version 1. Now, it might be more accurate to say that Litchi added it because users asked for it, and just I assumed that staying legal was important to some users.

Well, I tried to hunt down when that setting was added to the SDK, with no luck. I found mentions of it in forum posts going back to 2016, so it had been there at least 3 or 4 years before Litchi added support, maybe longer. There isn't any mention of it in any SDK release notes, so as far as I can tell, it's been in there since version 1. Now, it might be more accurate to say that Litchi added it because users asked for it, and just I assumed that staying legal was important to some users.
I'm not sure why you are trying to twist this into something that it is not. The guys at Litchi did not say anything about people asking for this. They do have a list of feature requests and this is not the type of feature that people ask for. It is quite the opposite. The guys at Litchi did say that they added this function because DJI added it to their SDK, not because of any laws or restrictions. You are trying to assign an invalid reason to the existence of this option.

I'm not sure why you are trying to twist this into something that it is not. The guys at Litchi did not say anything about people asking for this. They do have a list of feature requests and this is not the type of feature that people ask for. It is quite the opposite. The guys at Litchi did say that they added this function because DJI added it to their SDK, not because of any laws or restrictions. You are trying to assign an invalid reason to the existence of this option.
And I'm not sure why you are trying to insist that neither Litchi nor its users care about the law, but you win; perhaps I was irrationally giving them the benefit of a doubt.

Anyway, every time the subject comes up, I try to find some way to mention that continuing a mission after you've lost the ability to abort it is illegal in most parts of the civilized world, because there seem to be a lot of users who don't know that. Whatever their motivation, it's good to know that DJI and now Litchi give you an option, and apparently even some very experienced users didn't know that.

And I'm not sure why you are trying to insist that neither Litchi nor its users care about the law, but you win; perhaps I was irrationally giving them the benefit of a doubt.
It is not a question of whether or not someone or something cares about a law. I did not and am not addressing that assertion. Please stay on-topic. I am trying to address your incorrect assumption for the existence of an option in Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ