DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi on DJI RC and Mini 3

Reactions
G'day everyone form Australia.
After seeing a few YouTube reviews and other info on this platform, I am keen to look at a mini 3 coupled with a DJI RC (the remote with built in screen)
The issue is I have many uses for my phantom (and sometimes Mavic Air 1) and Litchi with pre-programmed waypoints and flight direction/altitude etc.
It seems the Mini 3 and the remote RD screen are not compatible with Litchi and most other 3rd party apps to download onto the RC.
Is anyone aware of any discussion if this on the horizon and if so when.?
I am ready to hit the purchase button on a Mini 3 and RC but if I cant download other apps it is highly likely it will be a deal breaker.
Thanks and I look forward to your thoughts.
Michael

Reactions: FireAnt
@michael skipper ,personally i get the feeling that DJI will not be in any hurry to release an SDK for the DJI RC ,or indeed if ever
i believe it is because the RC and its current operating capabilities ,will be hard pressed to cope with the amount of CPU usage that the extra Apps will put on the current operating system
the whole idea of the DJI RC was to offer a cheaper alternative to what went before ,with RC's with built in screens ,and to that end it has been a great success,and to be perfectly honest with you ,as far as i am concerned has made flying my Mini 3 pro ,a much simpler experience and negated the need to carry so much extra equipment to mount my I Pad to the RC ,you pays your money and makes your choice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair