DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi on Mavic Pro

Biskup

Reactions
Hello I try to use Litchi on a Mavic Pro with a Huawei P30 pro cellphone, Android 10. but Litchi says all the time " cannot connect to DJI server. What may I do ?

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

Have you logged in to your Litchi account (mail & password) ?
1612287851062.png
And here you of course need to be connected to internet ...

Last edited:
Is litchi a replacement for Dji go 4?

Yes and no. Yes, you can completely control your drone and fly with Litchi and perform a number of programable flights as well as free flight but I believe that there are a handful of settings that you still need Go4.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Yes and no.
I can confirm this. Many things are more easy to do in GO4, such as compass calibration. And updating firmware of Fly Safe database is only supported in GO4.
On Android I have no problems with having both apps installed and selecting the app to use after connecting to the remote.

Hmm sounds complicated for non technical chap like me I like things simple, so it’s helpful to ask on this forum with guys who are more up to date with these technology changes. ?

It’s not that complicated. You can do everyday flying using either. It’s good to be familiar with both. IMHO, Litchi is the best for waypoint mission flying. I use it for only this purpose, everything else I use Go4.

i understand djgo4 will not be updating its firmware for mavic pro and no doubt overs will follow, as newer drones are produce. Do you think litchi will replace DjI go 4. In the future.?

I’m not sure I completely understand you statement that DJI will not update firmware. I have not heard that but I don’t pay as much attention to things relating to the Mavic Pro since I don’t and have never owned one.

I believe that Go4 and Litchi, as well as a bunch of other drone control programs, will continue to co-exist for the foreseeable future.

Hi thanks for your comments I do hope that DJI go 4 continues to upgrade if it needs to, I suppose upgrades come from the users who report back to the makers on any problems they have. At some point all the little problems. get sorted and the software requires no further changes. Iam only commenting on what I have been reading on other sites, being new to owning a drone which when I bought it second hand had not realise, the U.K. CAA would introduce new regulations and of course in those regulations was referencing to new class of drons with a classification number. Which haven’t been manufactured as of yet, and I doubt if the DJI would give legacy drone a classification number. I can still fly the pro, but getting battery or over parts may be a problem.
unlike cars manufacturing companies have to supply parts for older cars some twenty years on. DJI in my opinion stops making parts for drones after 6 years, because they have brought out new models. I think they call it progress and throw away society

Reactions: Camino Ken
As GO4 is no longer in use for actual drones and replaced by the Fly app, DJI will not continue development, except for major bug fixing and maybe adaptions to new Android versions to keep it functioning.
In contrast Litchi supports both the older and newer drones, so development continues here.

The firmware on the Mavic Pro is completely separate from the controller interface software apps known as Go4 or Litchi. There hasn’t been an update to the firmware for the Mavic Pro for ages. There have been updates to Go4, Litchi and the flysafe database that you may or may not want to install.

Is litchi a replacement for Dji go 4?
I just used Litchi to pre-program waypoints function. I find it easy to use for that function and basic functions while flying, but prefer DJI GO4 for flying and cinematic vids and stills. I need to use the Litchi more to see which of the programmed flying modes i prefer or not, over DJI GO4. Have fun!

Thanks for information as Iam very new to flying I keep using the go 4 for a while I am not very technical so I stick to what I understand.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S