DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi question

JMC3

Reactions
Are there any issues i need to be aware of any problems using it does it replace the original operating system can it be removed i would like to use its features for gps mapping on my mavic pro 2

Are there any issues i need to be aware of any problems using it does it replace the original operating system can it be removed
Litchi doesn't replace anything, so there's nothing to remove.
It's an app that you use just like DJI Go 4.
The drone still operates using the DJI firmware regardless of which app you fly with.
You can use DJI Go 4 for one flight and swap to Litchi for another flight, or even start with one app, leave the drone hovering and then open the other app and continue the same flight.
i would like to use its features for gps mapping on my mavic pro 2
Litchi is not a mapping app.
Attempting to use it for mapping would be a backward step when there are dedicated mapping apps that will do everything much better.
Have a look at DroneDeploy or Pix4D if you want to do mapping projects with your Mavic 2 pro.
You can use their apps for free for mission planning, flying the mission and capturing images with precise overlaps required for mapping.
You don't have to use their processing service if you have an alternative.

Litchi works well on the Mavic Pro 2 for flying missions and capturing images for mapping or orthomosaic creation
Litchi is meant to:
Extend the capabilities of DJI Drones.
Not to be a replacement for the DJI apps or the original operating system.

It could be argued that the primary functionality that Litchi adds to DJI drones are waypoint missions and tools that facilitate those missions. DJI’s implementation of waypoints is (was) awkward and clumsy and should only be considered as a proof-of-concept. Litchi’s waypoint implementation, including the Mission Hub, extended that capability making it more accessible to everyone. I would guess that 90% (I just made that number up) of people who buy Litchi, bought it for its waypoint capability.

Litchi can be removed, or simply not used if a pilot wants to use the original DJI app.
The DJI apps are still needed to do firmware updates, etc.
They work together, but should not be operated at the same time.

But best for Litchi for me is fly with VR goggles, good ones with a thin phone best lime Samsung S10 plus I use. cut the glare and sun out fly precisely your actually in the drone shall we say

But I know people love its waypoint missions, is that mapping? I believe it is!

Litchi works well on the Mavic Pro 2 for flying missions and capturing images for mapping or orthomosaic creation
Litchi is meant to:
Extend the capabilities of DJI Drones.
Not to be a replacement for the DJI apps or the original operating system.

It could be argued that the primary functionality that Litchi adds to DJI drones are waypoint missions and tools that facilitate those missions. DJI’s implementation of waypoints is (was) awkward and clumsy and should only be considered as a proof-of-concept. Litchi’s waypoint implementation, including the Mission Hub, extended that capability making it more accessible to everyone. I would guess that 90% (I just made that number up) of people who buy Litchi, bought it for its waypoint capability.

Litchi can be removed, or simply not used if a pilot wants to use the original DJI app.
The DJI apps are still needed to do firmware updates, etc.
They work together, but should not be operated at the same time.
Thanks a buddy of mine and i own some land we want to enter gps coordinates and verify the posts locations.

Reactions: RodPad
But I know people love its waypoint missions, is that mapping? I believe it is!
Waypoint missions are where you set out a course with waypoints and can set speed, height and other actions.
You can save the mission and load it into the drone's memory to fly it again and again.
Like this:
i-pqBG2ZH-L.png

Mapping uses different apps that plan a precise grid over your site area, calculated to generate many stills with 70% (or bigger) overlaps.
The app is then used to fly the mapping mission and capture the images for using in photogrammetry software to create orthophoto mosaics like this:

Screenshot_2018-04-10-13-34-51-L.png

Flying the planned mission
i-gMngJcn-L.jpg

Grid showing the locations of captured images

i-44jgWF8-XL.jpg

,,, which are used to create a very big and detailed photo map

Reactions: RodPad and restyler
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads