DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Question

Mymgb

Reactions
I bought Litchi during Black Friday and of course anxious to fly new missions. Great fun but a question that I haven’t been able to work out:
HOW DO YOU ABORT A MISSION DURING ITS FLIGHT?

Of course it would be great if it would RTH but I have a visual on where it is so I feel I could find it.

Thanks

When one Starts a Waypoint Mission there is a button / icon that resembles a PLAY Button that one presses to begin. Then that button changes to a Stop Sign type of button/ icon to stop the mission immediately. Just use that button yesterday to stop a Mission that was setup too low and would have allowed my Mavic to contact the tippy top of a tree in its path.

I imagine , but have not tested this that the PAUSE button on the controller itself would also supersede Lichti and stop the Mavic in its tracks. It just hovers where it is so one can take over manual control.

After you plan a mission using the Mission Hub export it as .kml file and then open with Google Earth . It will show you the mission with the waypoints looking like walls that rise up from ground level and are solid. Right click on the walls and one can change thier opacity values to allow semi transparent walls. This is helpful to visualize the height settings on the waypoints and determine if there are any glaring oversights.

The RTH Button on the controller works as well during a Lichti Mission. Long press the button until the controller beeps. One can also cancel the RTH by tapping the top bar within the Lichti app. I just tried this to validate. Then if one starts the Mission again the Mavic will fly from its current position all the way back to the first waypoint and start the Mission from scratch.

Last edited:
Reactions: efowler
If I remember right also just by switching the the sports mode switch from normal to sports mode will cancel any automated operations and give back full control to operator.
Then you could just fly home manually or use RTH button on controller.

Reactions: efowler
Welcome! When you fly a mission one should click the box in the lower left side to have the live video feed brought to full screen. Then make sure you look forward towards where the Mavic will fly and be super aware of anything (trees, buildings, power lines) that are directly in the path of the Mavic. Then Cancel if an impending crash may result.

This has been a great blog for me also as a new litchi user. I had both of these exact questions. Nice to have the answers.
Another question I have is where or how do you get the program on your laptop to design missions from there? I see a mention of Mission Hub earlier in this blog - Is it a companion program to litchi. Purchased separately?? Any advice there would be appreciated.

When one Starts a Waypoint Mission there is a button / icon that resembles a PLAY Button that one presses to begin. Then that button changes to a Stop Sign type of button/ icon to stop the mission immediately. Just use that button yesterday to stop a Mission that was setup too low and would have allowed my Mavic to contact the tippy top of a tree in its path.

I imagine , but have not tested this that the PAUSE button on the controller itself would also supersede Lichti and stop the Mavic in its tracks. It just hovers where it is so one can take over manual control.

After you plan a mission using the Mission Hub export it as .kml file and then open with Google Earth . It will show you the mission with the waypoints looking like walls that rise up from ground level and are solid. Right click on the walls and one can change thier opacity values to allow semi transparent walls. This is helpful to visualize the height settings on the waypoints and determine if there are any glaring oversights.

The RTH Button on the controller works as well during a Lichti Mission. Long press the button until the controller beeps. One can also cancel the RTH by tapping the top bar within the Lichti app. I just tried this to validate. Then if one starts the Mission again the Mavic will fly from its current position all the way back to the first waypoint and start the Mission from scratch.
If you are flying a mission with Litchi and you abort the mission and hit the RTH button on your controller how does it know where you return to home point is when there is no way to set it at the beginning of the mission??

This has been a great blog for me also as a new litchi user. I had both of these exact questions. Nice to have the answers.
Another question I have is where or how do you get the program on your laptop to design missions from there? I see a mention of Mission Hub earlier in this blog - Is it a companion program to litchi. Purchased separately?? Any advice there would be appreciated.

The Hub is here. You would need internet access to use it.

If you are flying a mission with Litchi and you abort the mission and hit the RTH button on your controller how does it know where you return to home point is when there is no way to set it at the beginning of the mission??

The home point is set once you launch Lichti just like it would be in DJI GO 4.

One thing to remember though is you can easily fly a Lichti Mission that takes one drone below signal range or behind trees or mountains. Signal will be lost during that time while Lichti carries out the mission (on the dark side of the moon). During this time there is no connection to the drone from the remote controller and pressing and holding the RTH button on the remote will do nothing at all.

You have to really know that you have programmed your mission well to miss obstructions and that your last home point will cause the drone to fly back towards your location and you can regain full signal.

The first time you do this it takes balls of steel to have that faith and confidence.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard